Thread: Air arms Shamel .22/Webley raider 2 shot

Air arms Shamel .22/Webley raider 2 shot

Would anyone be able to tell me if theAir Arms Shamel is a single or Multishot rifle? My other question concerning the Webley raider 2 shot rifle has anyone who has used one have an opinion on this weapon good or bad. Many thanks in advance.

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Shamals are single shot
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Thankyou for that Tony.T

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard c. View Post
    Would anyone be able to tell me if theAir Arms Shamel is a single or Multishot rifle? My other question concerning the Webley raider 2 shot rifle has anyone who has used one have an opinion on this weapon good or bad. Many thanks in advance.
    I had the Venom Viper version of the Two shot Raider Very accurate gun but the shuttle thingie really doesn't bring anything to the party The single shot is better and easier to load IMO

thanks mallyally NOW in your opinion would you rate the Raider over the Shamel or is there not alot in it?

The AA shamal is an older design than the Webley raider (Webley used FX design under licensing, also logun & rws used same design although I believe it's a design more suitable to higher power levels (fx is Swedish?) and a bit 'lumpy' for sub12'/lbs shooting OBVIOUSLY this is my opinion)

The shamal could be 20+ years old so consider its age & condition also service history & parts availablity
    That said, when the shamal was new it had good success in FT competitions, also would have been

Have a search in the collecters section for info on early AA pneumatic rifles (Shamal, njr100 etc.) for details

Given the choice I'd look carefully at the shamal.

Rich.

I thankyou for that zedman will give it some serious thought, It is up for £275 in a kent Gunsmiths

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    I had the Venom Viper version of the Two shot Raider Very accurate gun but the shuttle thingie really doesn't bring anything to the party The single shot is better and easier to load IMO
    Agree with that, very nice rifle but the shuttle is a waste of time, I used to load mine every time I emptied a port, I see ole 'Matt Manning' uses a single shot sometimes 'Daystate' I think it is...
    .22 S410...
    .22 Webley Xocet...
    .22 HW95k...

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    I bought a beautiful Shamal about 25 years ago, secondhand. It was about 5 years old I believe.

It had a fabulous Adjustable FT stock- not a thumbhole, but a deep palm/ thump cut out so it really helped you take a steady grip with excellent trigger control. Walnut obviously but the best figuring I've seen in a long time!

It had a choice of end caps, from memory you had to remove them to charge the rifle. One was plain, one was longer- not a silencer but a muzzle weight. I had a local engineering company machine angled back cuts in it to make into a muzzle brake a la GC2. Looked great.

Stupidly I sold it when I got into Live ammo pistol shooting. With hindsight how stupid was that?!

If anyone knows this rifle or you own it, I would buy it back in a heartbeat!
    Last edited by Tony.T; 19-06-2017 at 09:16 PM.
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

i have a venom viper .22 thats not really being used, i work in west oxford so not to far away , your more than welcome to try it out and see if it suits before spending any pennies. If interested just pm me
    rgds
    craig

I own a Brummie Raider 2 shot in .22.

Accurate rifle and a reasonable shot count.
    Mine has a screw cut barrel and a moderator and is very quiet - would be even better with a de-pinger fitted - that's about all you hear.
    Personally I quite like the shuttle - I use it as a single shot with the option of a quick second shot it needed - which it shouldn't be if hunting! i.e I reload after each shot.
    It is a tad heavy compared to my falcon 19 but does feel really robust.
    The blacking is excellent.
    I think they are a good rifle for field use and were never expensive.

Frog