Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paranoid in the New Forest?

Quote Originally Posted by 1963cockney View Post
    Do any of you put anything in your cars to warn people what you are doing on site?
    Nope. Wouldn't dream of it.
    It's no-one's business apart from the landowner why I'm there, and they know when and why.
    If I say something inaccurate, assume it's for comedy effect

As mentioned i wouldnt highlight the fact i was shooting however in this day and age you cant do right for doing wrong.

Just out of interest and not stirring but could you/would you get in trouble for leaving the rifle unattended when you went to speak to the Officer? I m sure it was in a safe place/ locked away / kept with a buddy. im just thinking that the officer might then say ' well wheres your rifle, where have you left it etc etc' , espically if the officer isnt savvy with airgun/firearm legislation
    rgds
    craig

I do not put my BASC sticker on dislay in the vehicle.
    Who's following behind.
    Oh the house holder must have guns !!
    Best to be careful even though there a lots of wildfowlers etc in my village.
    Graham
    Designer of BASC Logo

I think such a sign is initially a good idea but sadly there are too many tea leaves around that may break into the car just to see if any guns have been left inside. Or the bunny huggers that will run a key down the car etc. Sadly this can happen, shame because no note will mean other law abiding people will end up worrying as to why the car is there and report it! cant win
    Daystate Owners Club new site: www.daystateownersclub.com/forum

Maybe the compromise here is to put a sign in the window that says:
    "Working in (insert place here) implementing habitat management, any problems please call (insert mobile here) thanks".
    You can buy a pay as you go phone as cheap as £20 nowadays so you don't even need to use your daily number
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Why would you wish to advertise you may have guns in the boot re theft or you kill cute bunnies so I will clkey all the panels on your car.

In the same vane....why do members detail their guns on a forum. A decent hacker if so inclined must be able to get all sorts of info.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Maybe the compromise here is to put a sign in the window that says:
    "Working in (insert place here) implementing habitat management, any problems please call (insert mobile here) thanks".
    You can buy a pay as you go phone as cheap as £20 nowadays so you don't even need to use your daily number
    You dont need to SAY anything at all. If you must then just put a sign in the window with a mobile. Even then....you might get an opportunist call you saying they are plod wanting to know what your doing....i am shooting officer...and find a smahed car upon your return.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

I leave a little note on the dashboard saying "dogging in progress". It's had an amazing effect on the amount of school mums who want to chat to me when I'm on the beer in town theses days.