Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HW77 / K Customs.

You missed the Venom 77 Trophy off your list of Venom guns,
    I wish I still had mine.🙁

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyone View Post
    Morning Paul.
    I think you covered the usual suspects there.
    I think but am not sure if a gunshop not far from me had a stab at jumping on the bandwagon in the form of Litts of Newport?
    I may be wrong and only way I could be sure is to trawl through the mags of that era. Something I enjoy doing from time to time
    Dave
    My recollection is that, aside from the "proper" customs in Mach's list, there were a few years when many of the big dealers were offering "custom" jobs that were basically the stock action stuck in a CS or similar stock.

For example, I haven't taken my Gold Sierra apart (it works fine), but I have no idea whether Northern Arms did anything much to the insides. I sort of think they must have, as they would have to have taken it apart to plate the end block and underlever.

Though not a 77 gun I did pick up a HW85K based custom gun from a chap up north in the land of the Scots that was (from memory) marketed by a gun shop on the south coast under the banner of Skorpio tuned actions? It has a stock of lovely figured grain a set back trigger and an action that seems to have had the piston weighted. I cannot be sure on what has exactly been done to it as it's never been apart. But certainly something has but I cannot 100% put my finger on it.
    I may have the tuning name and shop location totally wrong as it is some years.since I bought the gun and I'm not sure if this was applied to any other models? But it nay be another brand to add to the list.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Rob A View Post
    You missed the Venom 77 Trophy off your list of Venom guns,
    I wish I still had mine.🙁
    Of course. Thank you for posting.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyone View Post
    Though not a 77 gun I did pick up a HW85K based custom gun from a chap up north in the land of the Scots that was (from memory) marketed by a gun shop on the south coast under the banner of Skorpio tuned actions? It has a stock of lovely figured grain a set back trigger and an action that seems to have had the piston weighted. I cannot be sure on what has exactly been done to it as it's never been apart. But certainly something has but I cannot 100% put my finger on it.
    I may have the tuning name and shop location totally wrong as it is some years.since I bought the gun and I'm not sure if this was applied to any other models? But it nay be another brand to add to the list.
    Dave
    Skorpio rings a bell, but I can't remember which outfit offered them. Add that to the list.