Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Original 50T01

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    I find it surprising that the T01 soldiered on until '87, somehow. But then 1987 was the final year of many of the older leather washered Diana's which had effectively been replaced by the 24/34 and 48/52 series by then.
    There is a T01 for sale up here (Scotland) but it's not the best example. Tempting all the same.
    One of my books says 1987. But that may be the last point at which the author saw them for sale. Opening the possibility that production ended a bit earlier. It would be interesting to hear from owners what the date stamps on their ones are.

I can't imagine why anyone would have bought one once the HW77 came out. On the other hand, stuff like the Webley sidelevers soldiered on into the late 90s: you could still buy a "new" (maybe slightly old stock?) Tracker in March 2000.

http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2014/...ana-45-part-1/

I was surprised by this. Many of the old leather washered models were discontinued in 1987 it seems but the 45 had another year to run.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyone View Post
    Yes I was going to mention that to be fair the trigger on.this type 1 is very good. Im not sure if it was made that way.or has been adjusted or has simply settled in. But.one thing for sure its sweet and I'm not about to mess about with it. The type 01 rarely comes up but they are about. I've seen.two in BAR over the years and both have been quite presentable.
    I once stripped down my standard 50, got sidetracked, put it all in a plastic.bag and came back to ut a couple of years after.Not one of my better plans but I.just about muddled through!!
    I wasn't aware that they did plastic triggers.on Diana's- I thought that was FWB territory! Glad you got it sorted though and another old girl lives to fight another day!
    As I said earlier I do think the std 50 is a handsome rifle and pips the 01 in that department but for me if I had to own just the one I think it would have to be a 01. But in the end I ended up with a std 50 and two 01s in each calibre.
    Dave

Hi Dave

This is the gun although i'd already removed the trigger..

The trigger assembly stripped out of the rifle..

And with the new aluminium trigger fitted

I actually got the rifle off a memeber on here, I gave him a Bonsai tree for it!! Can't remember his username though

Cheers, John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

I do like these triggers- both ball sear and T01 type. Massively different but both good triggers. The T01 has about 100000 parts but usually stays together.

Red face

I do like these triggers- both ball sear and T01 type. Massively different but both good triggers. The T01 has about 100000 parts but usually stays together.
    For stripping/rebuilding I much prefer the T01, I've a mod50 with the three ball sear still in bits, It's so long since I stripped it that I can't remember how to rebuild it!!

John

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Hi Dave

This is the gun although i'd already removed the trigger..

The trigger assembly stripped out of the rifle..

And with the new aluminium trigger fitted

I actually got the rifle off a memeber on here, I gave him a Bonsai tree for it!! Can't remember his username though

Cheers, John
    Seems like a fair exchange mate

They are handsome rifles aren't they? The replacement trigger looks an improvement over the original which is one of the very few points that are not endearing on the 50s.
    I'd love to find out the total number of 50T 01 units produced.
    I've got an eye to a makeover on the .177 version in the not too distant future.
    Dave

I'm very pleased with the trigger on this one. I cannot fault it and it's not a mile behind the Rekord. As said earlier I'm unsure if its at factory setting or has been tweaked by previous owner.
    Dave

I'm almost certain my 50 trigger blades are in pressed steel like most of my Originals. But you've got me wondering now...

For stripping/rebuilding I much prefer the T01, I've a mod50 with the three ball sear still in bits, It's so long since I stripped it that I can't remember how to rebuild it!!

John
    Been there. Got the dvd, broken mug, and T shirt

I'm very pleased with the trigger on this one. I cannot fault it and it's not a mile behind the Rekord. As said earlier I'm unsure if its at factory setting or has been tweaked by previous owner.
    Dave
    That's the thing with buying used- you never know what's been tweaked or adjusted unless it's obvious after a strip down. My .177 50 cocks like butter and shoots superbly. Whatever had been done to it (I don't think kits or tuning parts are available for 50s) needs to be done to several others in my wee collection.

Thumbs up

Seems like a fair exchange mate

They are handsome rifles aren't they? The replacement trigger looks an improvement over the original which is one of the very few points that are not endearing on the 50s.
    I'd love to find out the total number of 50T 01 units produced.
    I've got an eye to a makeover on the .177 version in the not too distant future.
    Dave

The top one of the two in my bottom pic is .177, I swapped a King ratcatcher for it, A chap had got the mod50 for his lad but he was sruggling as the gun was way too big for him, The King Rat fitted him perfectly, The sprog used it to good effect and brought plenty of rabbits etc home for the table!!

They live in Rasaay, A remote part of Scotland so the meat was very essential to them!

This was 'Dude' struggling with the lump!!

And enjoying himself!!

John

The top one of the two in my bottom pic is .177, I swapped a King ratcatcher for it, A chap had got the mod50 for his lad but he was sruggling as the gun was way too big for him, The King Rat fitted him perfectly, The sprog used it to good effect and brought plenty of rabbits etc home for the table!!

They live in Rasaay, A remote part of Scotland so the meat was very essential to them!

This was 'Dude' struggling with the lump!!

And enjoying himself!!

John
    It would be funny if the wee lad appears at your door when he's bigger, demanding it back.

Thumbs up

It would be funny if the wee lad appears at your door when he's bigger, demanding it back.

Ha ha ha!!

I think he'll still be attached to that 2250!!

John

Ha ha ha!!

I think he'll still be attached to that 2250!!

John
    Or a .22-250. Island folk don't muck about.

If he was a future convert to the forum I would bet on it that he would