Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CS Stock Installation

chris u'5 is offline I'm a dumbass, it's official!!
    Thanks everyone, seems like it's a hit or miss.
    I might just send it to a pro to install - I was going to buy a Rowan trigger for it as well and defo didn't fancy doing that myself so could send the stock and trigger and get it done in a all together.
    "Who's the only one here that knows illegal ninja moves from the government?"

Chris, you'll never learn if you don't at least try (you don't know what you can do, until you know what you CAN'T do ).

At least drop the action into the stock and give it the once-over to see if all the fixing holes, etc line up........ you'll probably find that yours is one of 90-something percent that fit straight in!

I've had about half-a-dozen CS stocks in my time, and the only one I had a tiny issue with, rubbed on the breech block on my HW80, and that's only because the lug on the cylinder that the fixing screw goes into was welded on slightly skew-wiff by HW! I fixed it by simply slipping a washer between the inside of the stock and that lug, so one side of the stock "jaws" is held a smidge further out to prevent the rubbing when cocking the gun.

Give it a go, and if you think there'll be a problem, by all means seek experienced help - but imagine the satisfaction if you can nail it yourself first time!

Good luck

Dunk
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, raise the black flag & start slitting throats"

chris u'5 is offline I'm a dumbass, it's official!!
    Well it arrived and I bit the bullet and decided to install it myself...

The action slotted into the new stock perfectly with no fitting required at all. In the end I didn't buy a Rowan trigger but did get a trigger guard and again that fitted perfectly.

It is slightly longer than the original stock due to a larger recoil pad but it actually fits me much better which is an added bonus.

It is also a bit heavier but it does feel very well balanced so no complaints there either.

Thanks guys for all your help, this is one job even I couldn't botch
    "Who's the only one here that knows illegal ninja moves from the government?"

Glad it worked out for you.

A.G

Excellent - well done that man!

You'll be stripping it down, polishing and tuning in no time

Dunk
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, raise the black flag & start slitting throats"