Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: There's a New Sheriff In Town !

Thanks Steve, and all the mods. Good luck Phil, not that you'll need it mate a top bloke with a wealth of airgunning knowledge to bring to your new role.

Atvb Chris

March is offline Kind, benevolent, drives a Lamborghini
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Thank you so much Mick, and you guys.

It's an honour, and I'm determined to do the best I can, to help out on the BBS.

One regret I have, is not having seen much of Steve during his time as Admin.

He was probably too busy to post that much, due to doing Admin-work!

But the contact I did have with Steve - I thought he was a great bloke. And I'm sure he will be sorely missed.

Perhaps he'll have more time to post now.
    I have admiration, for somebody that will give up their free time. To manage a forum. Or to help anyone or anything for that matter !!. Well done. But the owner should think about to incorporate, advertising manufacturers of shooting paraphernalia. In this site . So he could pay for the initial cost's of the site. And pay for site staff. From the proceeds of advertising. Just my take on business.
    Last edited by Rickenbacker; 24-06-2017 at 03:19 AM. Reason: fixing quote tags

Quote Originally Posted by March;

I have admiration, for somebody that will give up their free time. To manage a forum. Or to help anyone or anything for that matter !!. Well done. But the owner should think about to incorporate, advertising manufacturers of shooting paraphernalia. In this site . So he could pay for the initial cost's of the site. And pay for site staff. From the proceeds of advertising. Just my take on business.
    The owners of the forum are JS Ramsbottom who sell airgun accessories. So if people buy ( and many do ) from them then there is money coming in to run the forum with out selling advertising on the forum.
    Last edited by Rickenbacker; 24-06-2017 at 03:27 AM. Reason: fixing quote tags

March is offline Kind, benevolent, drives a Lamborghini
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    The owners of the forum are JS Ramsbottom who sell airgun accessories. So if people buy ( and many do ) from them then there is money coming in to run the forum with out selling advertising on the forum.
    I understand that, I'm not saying. Another sole trader. But to incur , major manufacturers. But hey !!. Seems like good business for me.
    Last edited by Rickenbacker; 24-06-2017 at 03:29 AM. Reason: fixing quote tags

Thanks Steve for all your time and commitment. It's much appreciated.

Best of luck, Phil.

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

dose this mean different biccies in the office.
    good luck to both of you.
    the only thing i can find wrong is the nut on the steering wheel.

Excellent choice Mick and collective admin.
    A Job well done Mr Punch I feel they're big boots to fill and the right chap is ready to go.
    Good luck

BBF
    AAOC
    "The grass is always greener on the other side"

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    We're all doomed I tell you, doomed.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post

Well, gentlefolk of the BBS.

Following Punchsteve's retirement from his post as BBS admin, for which I feel we should all join together in saying a big thankyou to Steve for his contribution, the admin has had a little reshuffle.

Joining the admin team from now on as Super Moderator will be Mr Rickenbacker.

Welcome on board
    Steve, aka Punchsteve my fine fellow. Welcome to the 'Gamekeeper turned Poacher' club (lol), and welcome to the new Bobby on the beat, Rickenbacker, who I hope enjoys his time in the orange underpants and super hero cloak of the moderator team as much as both Steve and I did.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Looks like this Rickenbacker is already taking his responsibilities way too seriously, last activity today at 2.45 am, there will be no escape by the looks of things. Seriously though mate good luck in your new role I am sure you will be terrific.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Well, gentlefolk of the BBS.

Following Punchsteve's retirement from his post as BBS admin, for which I feel we should all join together in saying a big thankyou to Steve for his contribution, the admin has had a little reshuffle.

Joining the admin team from now on as Super Moderator will be Mr Rickenbacker.

Welcome on board Phil.

All the best Mick
    Oh god really..., C'mon guys he drives a Subaru & owns a miltishot scan that he turned into a single shot, he loves to hang out by the toilets at all the bashes and wears resivior dogs style sunglasses & neoprene Welly boots!!
    I was beginning to think that think that having Teresa may in charge was bad but this takes the biscuit.
    Also with a name like Phil and a tag line of "happiest worrying sheep" Wer all in trouble!
    Baaaaaa'd trouble!! 🐑

Shocking to have you aboard Phil
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I liked Steve. I guess I'll have to watch what I say around Phil now........

Watch it as it flies from your toung and slaps him in the face
    Last edited by rhyslightnin; 20-06-2017 at 05:16 PM.
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Congratulations Steve. You made it to the end in one piece. Enjoy.

A.G

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Congratulations to both parties - in and out - Ninjas of the BBS

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Congratulations Phil, couldn't think of a nicer bloke for the job.
    Catch up with you soon mate - Craig
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation