Page 34 of 69 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd and 3rd September 2017 Boinger Bash And Fundraiser In Aid Of St Giles Hospice

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    My fellow Boingeraté, could I call on your collective wisdom please? I am currently compiling a "Top Ten Tips" for successful and enjoyable springer shooting.
    I have my list but am now full of doubt that what matters to me actually really matters to others!

I know on this thread alone I have hundreds of years of accumulated experience, so please pass on a few tips if you'd be so kind.
    Don't hold it too tight

Pete
    Pete

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    My fellow Boingeraté, could I call on your collective wisdom please? I am currently compiling a "Top Ten Tips" for successful and enjoyable springer shooting.
    I have my list but am now full of doubt that what matters to me actually really matters to others!

I know on this thread alone I have hundreds of years of accumulated experience, so please pass on a few tips if you'd be so kind.
    Finding the pellets that best suit your gun
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. Crosman Ratcher 2250XL .22 AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177

Clean barrel before first use.
    Shooting Air Rifles is like being a pubic hair on a toilet seat.
    Eventually someone comes a long and P's you off.
    They usually have a PCP

Don't buy a BSA Lightning

@ Tinbum:
    You're sure to know this already but I've found these helpful:

1. Learn Artillery Hold

2. Keep both eyes open

ATB
    Gwyn
    Seize the Day! Quigley Hollow is a great place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by slinger69 View Post
    @ Tinbum:
    You're sure to know this already but I've found these helpful:

1. Learn Artillery Hold

2. Keep both eyes open

ATB
    Gwyn
    Plus:

Make every shot count. Pellets are cheap, but concentration is limited. And fatigue of mind and body comes silently, like ninja...

Technique. Doing the right things, and doing them the same every time. Not as easy as it sounds.

Practice. But as above - only good practice is good. Repeating bad practice is, err, worse than not practicing.

I find a good fitting stock improves things
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

A reactive target is also most enjoyable as is a bit of informal competition/shooting with a buddy.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. Crosman Ratcher 2250XL .22 AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177

Don't be scared to plink. There is a lot of satisfaction in making holes in a tin

Pete
    Pete

Rule no 1 in my humble opinion, enjoy yourself. Have fun, its amazing how much faster you learn when its fun

Xxx

Where's everyone gone???

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Where's everyone gone???
    I'm here Jamie. Well, in Ireland anyway. Left London at 3am and been in the pub on the Guinness since midday so not 'quite here' at the moment but....... Happy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    I'm here Jamie. Well, in Ireland anyway. Left London at 3am and been in the pub on the Guinness since midday so not 'quite here' at the moment but....... Happy!!!
    Just said to mel that you should be on the guiness by now, and low and behold you confirm it.
    Where's tone? He's not been on!

I'm here

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Where's everyone gone???
    Are you home Jamie ? As I have something coming back from the blackers tomorrow for you .
    Jonny

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Rule no 1 in my humble opinion, enjoy yourself. Have fun, its amazing how much faster you learn when its fun

Xxx
    The MOST important bit Chris

Pete
    Pete