Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2nd and 3rd September 2017 Boinger Bash And Fundraiser In Aid Of St Giles Hospice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Can any of you lovely Boingerpeeps make use of a moderator?

One of the chaps at our place has one for sale. He did come to one of last year's events with his son. He had bought his son a new rifle for Christmas 2015. This duly got stolen. In the meantime, dad had bought him a silencer.

When he asked me the other day, I was expecting some cheapie, budget, non-descript item. He brought it into work today and it's a Weihrauch one, 1/2"UNF for a .22. Not used at all and totally as new in its original packaging. I think they're usually around £50 new and he'd take £30 for it.

If it's of use to someone, just shout up on here and I'll put you directly in touch with him. He can do various payment methods and can post or I can bring it in September.

Mods....if I'm out of order posting on here, feel free to delete and slap said wrist; just that I thought I'd ask the Boingerfolk first.
    Would the above be of interest to any of you lovely Boingerfolk before I put this in Sales?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Take it down to the next Bash Tone and place it on the Sales Table !
    “An airgun or two”………

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Cider man? A super hero whose powers are defeated by a tin of cheap fizzy lager

Pete
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Take it down to the next Bash Tone and place it on the Sales Table !
    Good thinking, John.

I don't think he's desperate for a quick sale so, when the Bash Sales Thread is opened, I could stick it on there first. Then, if there are no takers, take it down and place it on the table.

Did you manage to get the pellet testing with the SR done the other week?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Good thinking, John.

I don't think he's desperate for a quick sale so, when the Bash Sales Thread is opened, I could stick it on there first. Then, if there are no takers, take it down and place it on the table.

Did you manage to get the pellet testing with the SR done the other week?
    I would have thought that a nice HW moddy would go pretty quickly !

Yes, I had fun with the .22 SR Tony !
    It's liking JSB Exact Jumbos in preference to AA DF's, Crossie Prems (boxed) Superdomes, Eley Wasp and a few others. I think I mentioned it on another thread but it seems to prefer pellets with a larger diameter so I'm going to put some F&TT's 5.53 and maybe 5.54 if I can get them ?
    It's a fabulous air rifle though and I wouldn't mind another in .177 if I could find a "Kack-Hand" version that is !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    I would have thought that a nice HW moddy would go pretty quickly !

Yes, I had fun with the .22 SR Tony !
    It's liking JSB Exact Jumbos in preference to AA DF's, Crossie Prems (boxed) Superdomes, Eley Wasp and a few others. I think I mentioned it on another thread but it seems to prefer pellets with a larger diameter so I'm going to put some F&TT's 5.53 and maybe 5.54 if I can get them ?
    It's a fabulous air rifle though and I wouldn't mind another in .177 if I could find a "Kack-Hand" version that is !
    Excellent, John.

Re the "larger" FTTs, though, I wonder if the stated sizes actually mean that much thinking back to Brian's findings (and your experience when you visited)???????

Re the .177, all things come to those who wait.

Excellent, John.

Re the "larger" FTTs, though, I wonder if the stated sizes actually mean that much thinking back to Brian's findings (and your experience when you visited)???????

Re the .177, all things come to those who wait.
    No they probably won't Tony, I too remember spending a considerable amount of time at Brian's range sizing .177 pellet brands.
    The 5.53/4 prefix is only an indication of what the actual diameter will be but I need to try them in any case !
    “An airgun or two”………

50 sleeps my fine peeps.

BOING!!

Can I get it on?

Would the above be of interest to any of you lovely Boingerfolk before I put this in Sales?
    Will that fit on the end of my HW99? And will it actually make it any quieter

Hi David,

In your rifle's current guise, no it won't. It has a 1/2" UNF female thread, so the barrel would need screw cutting. Now, if you end up buying one of them there namby pamby pffft guns, most of those will have the screw cut barrels, so it'll fit.

Much of the "noise" you get with a springer is mechanical noise. Especially when shooting it and various parts of your good self are in contact with the gun. Always a good idea to let someone shoot your gun whilst you stand a few feet away and listen to get an idea how "noisy" it really is. If the twang (if present) did start to bug you, the de-twang is routine and straightforward.

But, it must be said, nicely tuned, de-twanged and silenced = very quiet.

Cool Seven Weeks, Boys!

Oh yes, indeedy!

Just 49 sleeps to go until fun time in our little Field of Joy.

BOING!!

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Too near the bottom of the page

Twanggggggg
    Pete

Bloody hell, Pete, your rear guide must be sloppy as hell......I could hear that TWAAAAANG in Sheffileld this afternoon!

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Very quiet on here this evening.

Anyone heard from Chris Allum ? I'm sure he's fine but there was mention earlier that he may be pregnant ?
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

De Twanging

Hi David,

In your rifle's current guise, no it won't. It has a 1/2" UNF female thread, so the barrel would need screw cutting. Now, if you end up buying one of them there namby pamby pffft guns, most of those will have the screw cut barrels, so it'll fit.

Much of the "noise" you get with a springer is mechanical noise. Especially when shooting it and various parts of your good self are in contact with the gun. Always a good idea to let someone shoot your gun whilst you stand a few feet away and listen to get an idea how "noisy" it really is. If the twang (if present) did start to bug you, the de-twang is routine and straightforward.

But, it must be said, nicely tuned, de-twanged and silenced = very quiet.
    I think I would like De-twanging Possibly silencing too

Been having some good fun in the back yard but quite aware of the noise hence the thoughts of a pfft!