Page 52 of 69 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd and 3rd September 2017 Boinger Bash And Fundraiser In Aid Of St Giles Hospice

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    I feel rather guilty mentioning it now, poor old Tony has much more worrying things on his plate than us.
    We do appreciate your thoughts though.
    As an update, mel picked up the urine and blood results earlier, it's not diabetes which it was really pointing towards.
    So, unfortunately now it looks like the big c.
    She's now off food, totally lethargic and down. I think we know where this is going, and quite quickly by the seems of it..BUT, I'm not giving up yet, I'll get her a scan done and if they say an op would give her a couple of years (of quality life) I will get it done.
    I'm not going to post anything more about it now until there's a definite answer.
    Cheers lads.
    Jamie and Mel.
    Absolutely no reason to feel guilty at all, Jamie. Many of us know only too well how devastating it is when our dogs are taken ill. Our special, loyal friends mean so much to us and give unconditionally. If only they could talk.

I've got everything crossed for you here that the outcome will be nowhere near as bad as feared and that she recovers so she can continue giving you lovely folk love and affection.

All the very best to you at this terrible, worrying time and I'm sure that the positive collective good vibes from the Boinger Brothers help you all.

Stay strong. xxxx
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Cool Someone was looking down on us.

Okay, today was the day when we were to visit the Consultant Oncologist.

Now, one of the things that Frankie has hated through this whole ordeal was having bloods taken.

So, we got there and the first thing the reception said was that they had to "put a line in". Now, even I freaked inside a little thinking they were meaning that they were just to proceed with some Chemotherapy, even though the consultant hadn't seen us yet. But they just meant bloods, which Sarah understood.

She said there's no way they were touching her, she was having no needles, no more tests, she'd had enough and she wanted them all to go away and do nothing. When she went into the room, she was screaming and kicking off big time and told us and the nurses to go "f--- off"!

We had to hold her arms down whilst trying to calm her and it was all over and done with in a matter of minutes.

After a short wait the consultant called us in. Emotions were all over the place. The "cautiously optimistic" side of me (cheers, Pete) said we'd be okay. The other side not so positive.

Anyways......she's okay. As I posted the other day, it was a germ cell tumour. A Dysgerminoma. And a nasty bastard malignant one. But, after all the tests, scans, blood tests and doing tests on the twatting lump itself, they're confident that they have got it all. Fluids around the tumour all clear.

So, it looks like we're okay. They're going to test and monitor her frequently to make sure all is good and none of this evil twattery returns. Some of the blood tests show too high protein and something not quite right with the anti-immune system marker. These may resolve now that the bastard lump has gone. If not, they may have to look at these as separate issues.

So, first review and further bloods in two weeks' time and we go from there. For now, this tiny little 38.4kg of skin and bone needs to put some weight on and build her strength back up. She's eating fine, so I'm sure this will happen.

Such a relief. A massive, massive relief. Although you can't help but feel so sorry for a few of the poor toddlers we saw in there undergoing their Chemotherapy treatment. Poor little things. And I so hope and pray for them and their poor families.

Thank you for all your kind messages, folks. I'm sure that all the positive vibes helped in this happy outcome.

Love ya all.

And beaming ever best wishes at Jamie and the girls.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Happy days! It sounds like it couldn't have had a happier ending!

How many more sleeps Tone?
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Thank you, Nick.

10 sleeps to go, methinks.

Logging off for now.

BOING!!

That is fantastic news Tony, I have kept everything crossed for your brave daughter and your good self and family .
    All the very best to you all mate xx
    Les..

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Tears of joy here. So so pleased for Frankie, you Tone and family.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Tears of joy here. So so pleased for Frankie, you Tone and family.

Soppy arse!

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Soppy arse!
    And that My Son is why you love me
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    And that My Son is why you love me
    D'ya know what? I'm gutted I'm missing this bash, as I'm sure you are too.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    D'ya know what? I'm gutted I'm missing this bash, as I'm sure you are too.
    My first miss and yep !! Gutted too, there's something very special about the place and more importantly, the people. November ain't too far off and I wouldn't mind thinking I might do a 'drive by' sometime before then even if it's just to wave to Cpt Bongo

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    That is absolutely fantastic news Tony. All that we have hoped and prayed for. I hope Frankie & the rest of the family can put this behind them and move forward.

Pete
    Pete

Brilliant news Tony, so very pleased for you all.

Big hugs x

CLOGGER is offline Ex proud Yorkshireman, Now soft southern shandy drinker
    I'm so glad to hear that it's great news and a positive outcome Tony.
    I reckon it could be down to all the good Kharma that you never cease to give out. Good thoughts and deeds are bound to reward you in the end
    I'll see you at the Hollow for a man-hug - fees now transferred to Mick's account
    Clogger

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Brilliant, massive weight off the shoulders, forward looking now Tone for you all.

Cheers

Mel

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Good stuff tone.

Dave
    Smell my cheese