Page 14 of 69 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd and 3rd September 2017 Boinger Bash And Fundraiser In Aid Of St Giles Hospice

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Is this one of the rifles that you had previously tried with the FAPs and it didn't like them, Pauly?

How did your day at the perm go matey?

Managed to sneak a quick plink in down the garden today. I thought I really ought to get a tiny bit of standing shooting in, as I've done so little in recent times. I used the freebie Gamo Vipermax which I'd been given recently. Rather than the Air Arms Hunters that came with it, I ran some Hobbies through it and it seems to love 'em.

How are all you other lovely Boingerpeeps doing? Been getting plenty of practice, hunting or tinkering done?

BOING!!
    Hi Tone, I tried the FAPs in the 77 previously, also the 95 and the 100 and none of them liked them at all.. AA Diablos work very well in both the 77 and 95 with H&N FTT working really well in the 100.
    Didn't go to the perm today mate, decided to do a bit of work in the garden instead.
    Pleased you got a plink in matey, "standing" I really should do much more of it, save me carrying shooting sticks around but... I don't think I'll ever be that good at it unless I put some serious practice in.
    How's your Man Cave Wendy house doing ? Have you got the space now ?
    Mmmm, Hobbies, never tried them, must get a tin.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. Crosman Ratcher 2250XL .22 AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Hi Tone, I tried the FAPs in the 77 previously, also the 95 and the 100 and none of them liked them at all.. AA Diablos work very well in both the 77 and 95 with H&N FTT working really well in the 100.
    Didn't go to the perm today mate, decided to do a bit of work in the garden instead.
    Pleased you got a plink in matey, "standing" I really should do much more of it, save me carrying shooting sticks around but... I don't think I'll ever be that good at it unless I put some serious practice in.
    Let me know what flavour you want Paul I have loads of them, you can try them out. Supposed to be great for hunting.
    Shooting Air Rifles is like being a pubic hair on a toilet seat.
    Eventually someone comes a long and P's you off.
    They usually have a PCP

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by StellaArtois Sr View Post
    Let me know what flavour you want Paul I have loads of them, you can try them out. Supposed to be great for hunting.
    And there was me thinking you were gonna come to the bash. I could've brought a trailer and saved some postage!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    And there was me thinking you were gonna come to the bash. I could've brought a trailer and saved some postage!
    I keep trying to get him there Nick !

How's my HW90 coming along
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. Crosman Ratcher 2250XL .22 AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177

I keep trying to get him there Nick !

How's my HW90 coming along
    It's been too warm to light the fire.

It's been too warm to light the fire.
    So.... You've done Bugger all to it

So.... You've done Bugger all to it
    I did find a mystery bag in the cabinet last week and had a look in it.
    "What the Heck is that?!" I thought. Then I remembered.
    I have some very important colouring in to do this week, then I'm off to France Thursday. August is usually taken up with pasty testing, but I have an hour free on the 31st. I'll see what I can do.

I have some very important colouring in to do this week, then I'm off to France Thursday. August is usually taken up with pasty testing, but I have an hour free on the 31st. I'll see what I can do.
    You're all heart mate. I probably shouldn't say this but... I'm in no rush. Mmmmm, 31st of what

Yep, due to extreme laziness over the years and getting a buzz from shooting tight little groups from more stable positions, I haven't really done much from the standing position for ages, save for whacking a few spinners at 25 yards-ish at The Bash. So I thought I had better get me some practice in.

Play house / workshop thing.....I haven't had the chance to go and have a proper look recently. The last time I looked, the Workmate was in there and a chair, too! But she's still sorting loads of stuff, relocating excess unused/unwanted toys and all other manner of crap so, no doubt, when I have a look in there she'll have piled all sorts of clutter and crap in there. Be 'right, though, and haven't had a mo' to even start to think about any tinkering recently. That little HW50 I bought a couple of months ago could do with a fettle (and Rekord trigger swap) and I'd like to have a play with the Gamo at some point. Just a cheap, basic fettle, mind; I certainly don't want to be chucking loads of money at it.

Hobbies.....awesome! Used 'em for years, Pauly. Devastating on short range Rolands. Cheap and seemingly very accurate in a wide range of guns. But, like all wadcutters, they run out of steam approaching mid range, so best viewed as close range pellets for hunting / barn work and excellent pellets for back garden / hallway use. One of the other reasons I've stuck with them for years is that all my hunting HWs were fed Superdomes, which I still use in a fair few of them for use at The Bash etc. For close range stuff I'd use the Hobbies, thinking that the make-up would be the same, so if a barrel's leaded in for 'Domes, using the Hobbies wouldn't upset anything. Might be wrong there, but never had an issue. And certainly worth trying some at your perm for the close-up stuff, matey.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

61 little sleepies to go, peeps.

This September one always seems to take ages to come along (although not as agonisingly painful, like the April get together) but it'll soon be on us.

And, just think, with the Saturday being the 2nd, for those lucky peeps arriving on the Wednesday and Thursday, you'll be there NEXT MONTH!

See - Nearlier, nearly there!

BOING!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    I bet your tongue peeps out the corner of your mouth when you're colouring. So cute.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    I bet your tongue peeps out the corner of your mouth when you're colouring. So cute.

Dave
    It would also explain the orange poo

Pete
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post

Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    It would also explain the orange poo

Pete
    Made me laugh out loud those did. Ahhh, Nick, Bless him

Quote Originally Posted by StellaArtois Sr View Post
    Cheers Ade. .22 mate if you have a few I'm up in Sunderland on Friday for the weekend so won't be at the range this coming Saturday very slight possibility I could make Wednesday if you're there?

Made me laugh out loud those did. Ahhh, Nick, Bless him
    Me too!

I'm picturing a Benny Hill stylee Tinners, a la Francais, tongue hanging out, artist's beret, stripy top and a nappy!