Page 24 of 69 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd and 3rd September 2017 Boinger Bash And Fundraiser In Aid Of St Giles Hospice

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Should be getting a small airgunning fix in today......

The Mrs has bought some toys for one of the grandgits and we're collecting them from Chesterfield. The place we're going to is close to a shop that I've always fancied visiting if in the area - Brampton Gun Rooms.

I'll let yer knows what it's like later.

Hoping to get a plink in, too, later.
    Fingers crossed for you Tone
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Not me Pete, I've been busy designing a Superhero costume I just need to find a name for my alter-ego identity Oh dear, did I just type that out loud on here
    From yesterday's London Evening Standard:
    Responding to a 'Robbery in progress' at a Baker Street bank today, Metro cops arrived to find 4 perps on the floor tranquilized by airgun darts..... and just a whiff of cognac in the air.

The Silver Sniper strikes again!

ATB
    Gwyn
    Last edited by slinger69; 12-07-2017 at 10:39 AM. Reason: typo
    Seize the Day! Quigley Hollow is a great place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by grole View Post
    Won't be able to make this weekend as we are Norfolk on holiday that week.
    See you've signed up for the meet at Nomad's in August though Pete.
    See you there Mate.
    ATB
    Gwyn

We also have another worthy super hero......'The Blue Knob'.

ATB
    Gwyn

'The Blue Knob' and 'Ciderman'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    'The Blue Knob' and 'Ciderman'.
    Is Ciderman the dude from Bude Phil?

ATB
    Gwyn

Quote Originally Posted by slinger69 View Post
    Is Ciderman the dude from Bude Phil?

ATB
    Gwyn
    I think he could be, Gwyn - But nobody really knows!

Can I ask a quick qusetion please?

In the past have I seen that people buy and sell goods at Boinger Bashes? If this is the case will there be the same happening at this one?
    If so I have a few bits that I can bring down.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    Can I ask a quick qusetion please?

In the past have I seen that people buy and sell goods at Boinger Bashes? If this is the case will there be the same happening at this one?
    If so I have a few bits that I can bring down.

Yes, there will be a table groaning with the weight of all the bargains on it! We usually start a sales thread a couple of weeks beforehand to give everyone a heads up.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Yes, there will be a table groaning with the weight of all the bargains on it! We usually start a sales thread a couple of weeks beforehand to give everyone a heads up.
    Thanks Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Fingers crossed for you Tone
    All went well for a change, Pauly.

I visited that little gun shop mentioned. It's a small one and you go through a car sales pitch to get to it. Dad and son team and they run the car sales and gun operations. Like a few small shops that I have visited, it's absolutely rammed with goodies. Loads of it. The dad is well into the older springers. Apparently, anything special / older / collectable, dad takes them away and he has in excess of 300 boingers in his private collection. Weihrauchs, old BSAs and Air Arms sidelevers aplenty were mentioned.

And on our return, I managed to get a plink in. Now, I was going to get some more standing practice in, but laziness got the better of me. So, shooting out of the back door and to the bottom of the garden, I can just about muster up about 14 yards. Thought I's shoot that freebie Gamo thing again which I've had for a couple of months or so.

Shooting sitting, you're really fighting the inconsistent trigger to try and print tiny groups. This pseudo two-stage (really a single stage) trigger is really weird. Sort of comes to a definite stop, then creep, creep, creep and then off it goes with an almighty KER-BOING!! Despite the creep, it's ALMOST a consistent creep. But, today I noticed on a few shots that when you were expecting it to release, or sort of went all spongey and vague and the trigger movement increased. To the point that, at least twice, I broke the barrel just to make sure that I had actually cocked the bleeding thing!

Anyways, despite the vagueries of the Micky Mouse trigger, some tight groups followed. Using .22 Hobbies, the best groups were sub 10mm edge to edge. And one was no larger than 7mm. A neat little circle, just slightly larger in diameter than the pellets. Takes loads of concentration, though, and kinda makes you think that you're going to feel like in your in Nirvana when you next trip a super-crisp Rekord again. It'll seem so easy.......

Still, a lovely, enjoyable, relaxing session with a budget Boinger and feeling so chilled afterwards.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Can any of you lovely Boingerpeeps make use of a moderator?

One of the chaps at our place has one for sale. He did come to one of last year's events with his son. He had bought his son a new rifle for Christmas 2015. This duly got stolen. In the meantime, dad had bought him a silencer.

When he asked me the other day, I was expecting some cheapie, budget, non-descript item. He brought it into work today and it's a Weihrauch one, 1/2"UNF for a .22. Not used at all and totally as new in its original packaging. I think they're usually around £50 new and he'd take £30 for it.

If it's of use to someone, just shout up on here and I'll put you directly in touch with him. He can do various payment methods and can post or I can bring it in September.

Mods....if I'm out of order posting on here, feel free to delete and slap said wrist; just that I thought I'd ask the Boingerfolk first.
    Would the above be of interest to any of you lovely Boingerfolk before I put this in Sales?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Take it down to the next Bash Tone and place it on the Sales Table !
    “An airgun or two”………

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Cider man? A super hero whose powers are defeated by a tin of cheap fizzy lager

Pete
    Pete

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by slinger69 View Post
    From yesterday's London Evening Standard:
    Responding to a 'Robbery in progress' at a Baker Street bank today, Metro cops arrived to find 4 perps on the floor tranquilized by airgun darts..... and just a whiff of cognac in the air.

The Silver Sniper strikes again!

ATB
    Gwyn
    I'm REALLY liking that Gwyn Cheers. If I ever I get a lifetime ban here, I shall sneak back in under that name (shhhh don't tell the Mods)
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22