Page 44 of 69 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd and 3rd September 2017 Boinger Bash And Fundraiser In Aid Of St Giles Hospice

Tony,

Thinking about you mate. Really really hoping for the best.
    xxxxx

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Back up

Pete
    Pete

Jeez tone that's heavy... All my best to you, her & family. All our Thoughts are with you.

Rhys & family
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Ok, on a lighter note: In three weeks time I'll be drunk by a fire in the midlands!

Boooiiinng!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Ok, on a lighter note: In three weeks time I'll be drunk by a fire in the midlands!

Boooiiinng!
    As opposed to where ?
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    As opposed to where ?

And you are suggesting what exactly!

We had littluns party today and I ate so much cake and chocolate that I haven't eaten or drunk a thing since 4pm.

And I still feel rough!🤢

Ahh yeah of course, Kerryann's (probably spelt that wrong) Birthday. Did she enjoy it ? More importantly - did she get any chocolate or cake
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Ahh yeah of course, Kerryann's (probably spelt that wrong) Birthday. Did she enjoy it ? More importantly - did she get any chocolate or cake

If only I could post pics! She has been nothing but a rolling smile since this morning. We had afternoon tea at a local hotel as her party. She refused the sandwiches and went straight to chocolate eclairs, strawberry meringues and Quavers (don't ask!) followed by a home made cake that was basically just a chocolate cake surrounded with chocolate fingers and sections of every chocolate sweet you can imagine in pools across the top. The mess was unbelievable! We had warned the staff about her, but they were fantastic and took it all in their stride. They brought the cake in and sang her happy birthday which she joined in at the top of her voice and carried on for a good few minutes.
    Even after 14 of us having some of it, thes still half the cake in the kitchen.

Thinking about it is making me feel sick again

Boooiiin- Bleurgh!

Sounds bloody brilliant mate. I'm really pleased you all had a great time. Tell her Paul 'that's not a name' says Happy Birthday !

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    So we expect mucho leftover birthday cake!!
    You wouldn't want to be known as the cakeless one would you Nick

Pete
    Pete

Great to hear that she had a fantastic, messy birthday, Nick.

Today's developments over here......Frankie had an intensive, detailed ultrasound scan this morning. Then an MRI scan which took an hour. The doctors then wanted to conduct a further ultrasound, looking at the tumour and blood flow to and from it. They also took about ten viles for blood testing.

So far....we think the tumour is in one of her ovaries and not in her stomach, which I believe is better. They say that, although the tumour is large, there is a chance that it could be benign, but more likely cancer. They will know more next week once the various blood test results have come back. In the meantime, various doctors and surgeons will meet tomorrow to look at an action plan subject to those blood test results. So, a bit of a waiting game.

One thing they did say was that, although the term "cancer" fills most people with dread, to them it's just an illness to cure and they're good at it. And, apparently, cancers in younger people have a much higher treatment success rate. It must be said that all the doctors, registrars and nurses that we have dealt with there have been great.

Frankie remains smiley and positive and is seemingly taking it in her stride.

Once we've had a meeting with some of the doctors tomorrow, mum and Frankie should be coming home for the weekend.

Thank you all so much for your kind messages. All these positive vibes can only help and I feel privileged and honoured to have made friendships with you all.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

A like button would save me typing here.

But I "like" the sound of that.

All fingers and toes firmly crossed for Frankie, that sounds a lot better than the last update, look after each other.
    Jamie, mel and the girls.

That is sounding a lot better than two days ago Tone, the more you learn the more answers there are for dealing with it. Frankie being strong and positive is inspirational and will help no end as will being home for a while. We will continue with the positive vibes mate and don't forget what I said "ANYTHING". Hugs.

Tony, with very best wishes to Frankie, yourself and all your family. Regards, Ted.