Page 47 of 69 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd and 3rd September 2017 Boinger Bash And Fundraiser In Aid Of St Giles Hospice

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Sounds as good as it can be Tony

Pete
    Pete

Great news, sounds very promising, Tony and well done Frankie for a sterling performance.
    Fingers crossed and thoughts with you all, mate.
    (Didn't want to reply to your text at this early hour in case you're having a bit of a lie-in but I'll give you a shout later on today).

Onwards -Craig and co.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Thank you for the further messages, peeps.

She did have a bit of a "wobble" when she went into the anaesthetic room. Until that point she'd been holding up really well but, possibly due to the wait giving her time for panic to build up. Reference the cannula thingy and epidural she was like,"I don't want any of those, you're not sticking them in me" etc etc., but mum calmed her down. And, when she came round she was remarkably calm.

And, yes Craigy, I was indeed knackered so was having a bit of a lie-in. Just getting ready shortly to go over again. I've received a bit of a shopping list from mum and youngster and will have to get a top-up voucher for my phone.

Nice one, David, re the Sunday payment.

Er, I think we have about 18 sleeps to go?

So very much nearlier, nearly there!

BOING!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Tone
    Sending healing vibes up from Devon to you and your family. So sorry to read you are all going through this stuff.
    One day at a time 😊

Funds sent for me and pyromaniac, sorry so late committing, but we really weren't sure we could make it.

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    And I can't make it! I've been leaving it late for the same reason, but I lucked out.

It might make me brave November though.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Brilliant news Toney

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    My very good friends of Quigley Hollow.

Firstly, thank you for all your kind messages and well wishes. I've just got back from the hospital and I'm knackered and can't properly and fully reply to each message. Sorry. But I post here so that you can all see and I don't have to repeat myself a gazillion times.

But each and every one of your kind messages is well received and appreciated.

Firstly, a little back-track to Saturday.....One of the GPs from our practice lives across the road. Sarah nipped across on Saturday to check that he had heard about last week's developments. He said he had and that the doctors always meet to discuss cancer cases. Sarah mentioned how huge the tumour looked on the Ultrasound scan and he confirmed that it is 21cm long....over 8" and that he can't understand how they and other medical parties had missed it, despite Sarah pleading with them for ages about her health and the shape of this tiny 14 year old's swollen abdomen!!!!

Anyway......we arrived at the hospital late morning today. Various interviews etc were conducted and Frankie went into theatre around 2.15. They were confident from the various scans that they had studied that it would be straightforward. She came round around 5.45. They said the operation went very well with no complications. All the offending mass successfully removed, including the ovary that it had taken over / mutated. The surgeon's Registrar than informed us that this bastard lump weighed 3.04 or 3.40kg (she couldn't quite remember which way round it was). Now that's friggin' huge! No wonder she has been in such bad health for so long with this bloody thing feeding off her. She's a tiny, skinny 14 year old who last week weighed 45kg (including the offending/offensive lump). Mind numbing as to how many health care "professionals" didn't see this!

Anyways, operation a complete success. Frankie seems relatively comfortable. She has an epidural wired in which, I'm sure, is taking the worst of it off. As you'd expect, totally knackered, but it's been a long day, she's been knocked out, had a major operation and the last few days have been an absolute whirlwind of fast paced developments and many lows.

They're still awaiting some of the blood test results for various cancer markers to come back. And the bastard twatting lump is at the laboratory for investigation. Due to the nature of the lump, there could be a few scenarios. The preferred one would be that it is a germ cell. If it is, and considering the fact that it was successfully removed intact, we should be in the clear. If it's malignant, we'll see. But, again, as it was successfully removed and all other areas seemed fine, we might be okay. So, it all depends on those bloods and test results of that piece of crap lump.

Thanks again, my lovely peeps. Love you all. xxxxxx
    Wishing Frankie a full and speedy recovery .
    Jonny

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    And I can't make it! I've been leaving it late for the same reason, but I lucked out.

It might make me brave November though.
    You missed April Fools by four months!
    This can't be for real?

Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Sounds good tone. Hoping for positive results, or negative, you know what I mean.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Payment send signed for T20. Hope you get this one!!. See you lovely folks on the the 2nd. Mach 1.5
    Quote Originally Posted by Martynt View Post
    Payment sent and looking forward to meeting up.

And both payments recieved folks.

Looking forward to seeing you both again.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Funds sent for me and pyromaniac, sorry so late committing, but we really weren't sure we could make it.
    And payment recieved Jaimie --- looking forward to seeing you and Mel again.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight

Is there a local shop where we can buy burgers and beer?

Hi Gary

I hope you don't mind me moving your question to here, but the answer may be useful to other newcomers.

Within a 1 mile radius of Quigley Hollow we have two farm shops.

Within a 2 mile radius we have a couple of village shops, five pubs and a Cantonese takeaway.

Within a 4 mile radius we have a Morrisons supermarket and an Aldi.

All these places except Aldi are very easy to get to with minimal traffic to contend with.

Myself or Shirl will be cooking burgers and hot dogs over the weekend on a gas BBQ in the poly tunnel and this facility will be available for others to cook there own food on if required.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Hi Gary

I hope you don't mind me moving your question to here, but the answer may be useful to other newcomers.

Within a 1 mile radius of Quigley Hollow we have two farm shops.

Within a 2 mile radius we have a couple of village shops, five pubs and a Cantonese takeaway.

Within a 4 mile radius we have a Morrisons supermarket and an Aldi.

All these places except Aldi are very easy to get to with minimal traffic to contend with.

Myself or Shirl will be cooking burgers and hot dogs over the weekend on a gas BBQ in the poly tunnel and this facility will be available for others to cook there own food on if required.

All the best Mick
    I don't mind at all Mick,

On reflection it would have been better for me to place the question on here anyway.
    Another question if I may; I believe there will be pcps being used at the venue also. Will there be any filling facilities for these?
    See you all in a couple of weeks.

Regards,
    Gary.

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Gary
    A few of us pop to the local carvery. Nice food at a good price in a famous building.
    There will be PCPs there (I will have mine unless I have sold it) but there is no "group" recharging facilities. If you bring your adapter you are welcome to a few fills from my bottle if you don't have your own.
    Pete
    Pete