Page 66 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd and 3rd September 2017 Boinger Bash And Fundraiser In Aid Of St Giles Hospice

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    I still can't believe I'm not there and missed this one. But..... In honour of The Bash and the wonderful people who attend, I've stayed up all night drinking and in my mind, I'm sitting around The Quigley fire with you all. Yes, I'm a martyr to the cause. Sounds like CraigP's Comp went down a treat . Who 'won' by the way
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Excellent effort and dedication to the cause, Pauly.

Well, towards the end of the day, we had three people sharing the top slot, resulting in a very tense (but obviously good natured) shoot-off and a crowd gathered. The pressure was getting to the boys, it was.

And the outright winner was..

I think it's only right to let Craig announce the results.

But everyone was a winner on the day. And not just because of the many prizes on offer, but because it was such a worthy cause. And you get time to spend at the lovely, tranquil Hollow amongst, as you say, beautiful people.

Love all my boingering peeps.
    Last edited by TonyL; 03-09-2017 at 05:43 AM.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Just woken up, in a WARM comfortable bed. Problem is that I want to have woken up in that chilly tent at the hollow

Pete
    Pete

What a great time Emma and I had this weekend, it was a real pleasure to meet all you lovely people. We were made to feel welcome from the moment we arrived. I can't emphasise enough how much we enjoyed it and the banter was top class.

A massive thank you to Mick and Shirl for all the time and effort they put in to make these events possible, and for Mick to be so involved with him being poorly, get well soon Mick.

Emma, my daughter (yes, I know I don't look old enough to be her dad) had a fantastic time and enjoyed the longbow, apparently she hit a kill zone with it on one of the knockdown targets when she was aiming at longbow target. She is going to check with work to see if she can have the weekend off for the next Bash and if we can get accommodation sorted (my glass back really struggled with the camp bed) we'll be there.

I hope the weather holds out today for you all to allow the fun to continue.

We look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Kind regards,
    Gary and Emma.
    Last edited by gtfreight; 03-09-2017 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Predictive text.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Just woken up, in a WARM comfortable bed. Problem is that I want to have woken up in that chilly tent at the hollow

Pete
    A completely natural and understandable predicament, Pete.

And only us peeps that have been blessed with the magic spell of The Hollow could understand.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    What a great time Emma and I had this weekend, it was a real pleasure to meet all you lovely people. We were made to feel welcome from the moment we arrived. I can't emphasise enough how much we enjoyed it and the banter was top class.

A massive thank you to Mick and Shirl for all the time and effort they put in to make these events possible, and for Mick to be so involved with him being poorly, get well soon Mick.

Emma, my daughter (yes, I know I don't look old enough to be her dad) had a fantastic time and enjoyed the longbow, apparently she hit a kill zone with it on one of the knockdown targets when she was aiming at longbow target. She is going to check with work to see if she can have the weekend off for the next Bash and if we can get accommodation sorted (my glass back really struggled with the camp bed) we'll be there.

I hope the weather holds out today for you all to allow the fun to continue.

We look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Kind regards,
    Gary and Emma.
    Glad you both enjoyed it and it was a pleasure to meet you.

There are a few local B&Bs, I think, and some of the folk that have enjoyed them in the past will be able to better advise.

Not long until the next one.....

Morning all.
    TonyL has pretty much said it all but for me, I think it was the best Bash I've ever attended. If the 'full squad' had been there, then I'd be able to say that without hesitation but I did miss a few a few of the regular faces that couldn't make it this time.
    I can't thank Mick, Shirl and the Solware staff enough for their generosity in making the Three Gun Challenge possible. And I'm hugely appreciative of the help in running it from Tony and Monz and also the further contributions to the charity raised from Dave and Daz who also took time to put on additional competition events - thank you all so, so much - I'm genuinely touched.
    I'm popping back over later on today to tot up the funds raised but it's looking like we're going to be well into the two hundred quid area which is brilliant. I'll update and provide further details later on today.
    The Challenge was great fun and whilst genuinely challenging (I shot appallingly!) I think everyone enjoyed it who took place. As Tony has mentioned, it ended in a knife edge of a shoot off, with tensions, banter and downright dastardly tactics being employed between ProSport .177, Trumpetier and our very own moderator Rickenbacker. All three had pulled in some tremendous scores but the big win, quite rightly went to one shooter who had shot consistently brilliant throughout the day - Trumpetier. Well done, mate, enjoy the prize and your new title.
    Other things worth mentioning, the vast array of TX200's in their various tune guises never fails to impress and inspire me. Simple everyday rifles that I've overlooked and never shot before that turn up and blow me away (the Slavia/HW30 being two perfect examples). The stunning workmanship skills that some of you members possess and turn into rifles and stocks etc. The generosity and great nature of the members of this board - and watching Emma stick two arrows into a knock down target from thirty yards away
    So, back over in a few hours and already looking forward to next time.
    Thanks to you all once again, can't quite find words that express it enough so yeah, nice one.

Craig
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

All I can say is it's worth every mile driven to have a great day at the bash.
    Huge Thank you to Mick and shirl for hosting again. All their hard work. To Craig for for organising the 3 gun challenge. To solware for their kind generosity in gifts and voucher prize money.
    Thanks guys for the fun shoot off in the final, it is funny but I think we all felt that tension as we had the shoot off with Tones open sited little gem )
    Again for everyone there Thank u for making a fantastic day out.

THANK YOU
    Last edited by prosport.177; 03-09-2017 at 08:54 AM.

Thumbs up

bit late but i've only just got round to sending my donation
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

It is difficult to find new ways of saying thank you to Mick and Shirl for laying on another edition of this unbelievably wonderful event, so it will have to be just another thank you for again providing such a completely sublime day in the sun, chatting to some of the nicest (and most amazingly knowledgeable) people on the planet on the mysteries of the spring gun. My tiny mind can't absorb the degree level physics needed to understand why it all happens, but being able to shoot such fantastic creations just makes me thankful that so many of you can, and the rest of us can enjoy the results.

Keep getting better Mick, we want you back in fighting trim in November.

Thanks to Mick and Shirl

For another Fantastic weekend , thanks to all you lovely people ( and Ray) only kidding and am suprised the neighbours didnt complain about Graham, Paul and Rays loud laughter .
    Feel really proud to be part of the Quigley Hollow Experience.
    Cheers Jonny
    Last edited by jonny neate; 03-09-2017 at 04:53 PM.

The Springer bash was ok I suppose

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    The Springer bash was ok I suppose
    A man of not many words
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Awesome weekend as ever thanks to the organisers!! I look forward to October.
    PS caravans are the way ahead 👍👍
    Weihrauch HW97 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22, Weihrauch HW77 .22

Thanks for the great bash!

Great to see you all today and a big thanks to all of you who helped to rebuild my HW99. It's fantastic! I can't believe there is any other place where a bunch of people I hardly know will take two hours out of their day and supply tools and materials to help someone they really don't know very well. AMAZING! THANK YOU ALL, especially Tony, Ray and Mick from which I learned a great deal today.

Also, you now have got my sister harassing me if she can come next time too! And she's watching springer reviews on YouTube!!!!!

Thanks too to Mick and Shirl for making this all possible and providing a warm, comfortable environment for this to happen.

See you soon,

David