Page 67 of 69 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1021

Thread: 2nd and 3rd September 2017 Boinger Bash And Fundraiser In Aid Of St Giles Hospice

Thanks

Thanks to all concerned for yet another great few days at the Hollow.
    Looking forward to the confirmation of the next bash.
    Again new acquaintances and renewed friendships made.
    Quality quality quality!
    Regards
    Paul

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Did mark (Capital Bee) catch anything??

Pete
    Pete

Captain Bongo is online now I'm not falling for this again........
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post

Pete
    A dose of the clap going by how he was walking this afternoon.....

Pete, a small carp about a lb and a half and some Rudd.

Steve, that wasnt the clap, that was the farmhouse cider I imbibed on Friday

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post

Pete
    We should of used bread

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Pete, a small carp about a lb and a half and some Rudd.

Steve, that wasnt the clap, that was the farmhouse cider I imbibed on Friday
    Well done mate, I think i was over gunned for the pond

Pete
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    We should of used bread
    We blanked, but we did it in style

Pete
    Pete

Thanks

Hi All
    I just popped in for an hour on the Saturday to try and buy a rifle.

I have never been sure of these events, expecting there to be a lot of bravado and one upmanship. However - everyone i spoke to in the hour i was there was a real gent. NickG invited me to try some of his masterpieces, the landowner stopped for a short welcome chat, another chap came up to me and my missus and offered to make us a cuppa tea, BadDaz was good to deal with (to buy the rifle) and a top guy, Loki_79 made a few introductions and had a chat. A real great bunch of welcoming enthusiasts without a trace of the feared bravado or one upmanship.
    I hope to make a more involved and longer visit next year.

A credit to all who attended and organised the event.

Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
    Awesome weekend as ever thanks to the organisers!! I look forward to October.
    PS caravans are the way ahead 👍👍
    Quote Originally Posted by DavyWavy View Post
    Great to see you all today and a big thanks to all of you who helped to rebuild my HW99. It's fantastic! I can't believe there is any other place where a bunch of people I hardly know will take two hours out of their day and supply tools and materials to help someone they really don't know very well. AMAZING! THANK YOU ALL, especially Tony, Ray and Mick from which I learned a great deal today.

Also, you now have got my sister harassing me if she can come next time too! And she's watching springer reviews on YouTube!!!!!

Thanks too to Mick and Shirl for making this all possible and providing a warm, comfortable environment for this to happen.

See you soon,

David
    No worries, David.

Glad you're enjoying it even more now. And thank you Mick, Ray and Para for the use of various bits and bobs to enable the cleaning and rebuild.

It looked to me like sis was having a great time and she was certainly connecting with plenty of those targets. Go on, help the lass out and get her one bought........
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

As Vernal says, it's hard to come up with new ways to say thank you and add to the comments above.

But, thank you yet again to our wonderful, selfless hosts, Mick and Shirl. You really go thst extra mile to allow us lot to come along and have fun.

You seemed a little better yesterday, Mick, and I hope your recovery continues apace.

And thank to everyone for attending. You really are, each and every one of you, the most special people anyone could wish to meet. Like-minded, genuine, proper folk.

Far too many to single out.....I love ya all my fellow Boingeristi!

It gives me a huge sense of pride, achievement and belonging to be able to be part of this very special thing that Uncle Michael has hand-crafted for us. A wonderful, enjoyable, all-inclusive and safe formula. I really could not start to imagine life without a Boinger Bash and it's brought so many people together. I think it's fairly safe to say that it's had a measurable and very positive effect on UK springer shooting and appreciation?

Like Mick said yesterday, getting that first one underway was the hardest thing. Not knowing who would come, what people would be like, attendance numbers, people's expectations etc etc. But from arriving in the field that very first time, it was obvious that Mick had got it right. And The Bash goes from strength to strength.

I think that's 15 Bashes under Mick's belt now, plus extra events hosted for the AAOC and Chinese Forum.

Blimey, we've come a long way and it's something that every single one of you can be proud of.

BOING!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    ... The Bash goes from strength to strength.
    ...BOING!!
    Sure does. Another splendid Bash.

As CuppaT says above it's a great atmosphere. Anyone who's been held back by the attitude you can encounter at some clubs can rest assured that'll you'll get a friendly welcome at The Hollow, learn a bit and enjoy the simple pleasures of launching small lead projectiles at bits of metal.

Big thanks Mick & Shirl for making it all look so easy.

See you all in October...

Final total

Morning,
    I want to thank everyone once again for their generosity.
    We've had a couple more electronic donations from members who were unable to attend, a couple more from yesterdays meet - and I received another donation from David (sherlock1963) yesterday morning, as he passed by the Bash on his way 'oop north' for holiday. Thank you all so much.
    So all in, we raised a brilliant £280 which I'll be sending off later on today, along with a letter explaining how we did it, along with an invite to the next bash.
    I'll keep you posted.

You're a good bunch
    Last edited by Craig-P; 04-09-2017 at 07:55 AM.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Unframed Dave is online now World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Another great one, thank you both.

Even got the weather sorted, temperature in the mid twenties, balmy, still, sunshiney conditions. Even managed to top my tan up.

A great weekend spent in the company of some smashing people, and Ray of course.

Thanks again.

Dave and Verity
    Smell my cheese

Yep, thanks Mick and Shirl.

Great to see you all, old members and new members!

And seriously well done on the fundraising, you guys.

And Big Bill from Solware for the generous prizes.

Lovely weekend -

Oh, and I hope you all got back to your homes / secure facilities / open prisons - safely.
    Last edited by Rickenbacker; 04-09-2017 at 09:32 AM. Reason: forgot to add...

I feel thanks are again in order to Mick and Shirl for laying on a smashing weekend again. The additional time Mick had put in to make the pond fishable deserved thanks aplenty (look at the size of the spoil heaps to see what he removed, as well as the 'pegs' cut into the banks, all with board floors). I must say I enjoyed my couple of hours pond-side on Sunday morning (I was still knackered from Friday night's cider fest). The charity shoot laid on by Craig went down well and added another dimension to the bash and the prizes donated by Solware were generous to a fault, thanks guys (my gun rest was put to use that weekend ). Add to that the burger money went towards the charity pot and I could quite rightly say "I did an awful lot for charity that weekend", normally with cheese and onion added .

Thanks again everyone, Mark