Thread: Parker-Hale Dragon .22" sporter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    https://i.imgur.com/pSf6uBN.jpg

And a picture, it's in the middle. .

Cool

Oooh!!

That's a big old beauty!!

I can vaguely recall someone telling me of a gunsmith that knows these inside out, He may have worked for PH at some time, Trouble is that I can't remember for the life of me who told me

Flippin' senility

John..
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Sorry, can't help with the leak. Like you, I don't find the Winchester type action that pleasant to use. Marmite I suppose.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

I bought one of the first PH Dragons in a field target stock.
    I couldn't hit a barn door with it but couldn't see what was wrong with it. And yet, when I tested it over a Chrono it was one of the most consistent guns I ever tested.
    I took it back to the shop.
    The owner didn't believe me at first and then he tried it. He couldn't hit a thing with it either.
    I left the shop with a new TX200SR.

Quote Originally Posted by njaw View Post
    I bought one of the first PH Dragons in a field target stock.
    I couldn't hit a barn door with it but couldn't see what was wrong with it. And yet, when I tested it over a Chrono it was one of the most consistent guns I ever tested.
    I took it back to the shop.
    The owner didn't believe me at first and then he tried it. He couldn't hit a thing with it either.
    I left the shop with a new TX200SR.
    We had a guy at our old club who bought the target version of the Dragon and was doing really well with it until it started to drop pressure to the point of complete failure. I think he took it back and swapped it out for a Ken Turner tuned '77 and said how much better the spring rifle is compared. That was the death of the SSP Dragon at that point I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by derekj View Post
    We had a guy at our old club who bought the target version of the Dragon and was doing really well with it until it started to drop pressure to the point of complete failure. I think he took it back and swapped it out for a Ken Turner tuned '77 and said how much better the spring rifle is compared. That was the death of the SSP Dragon at that point I believe.
    My experience exactly. I compared it to my three "breathed on" 77s, and just could not see the point. Worse trigger, handling, balance, awful complex cocking stroke. Potentially as accurate, when it worked, but more weight, hassle and general issues. Then it stopped working properly (twice), and the 77s are still great a quarter century or more since they were last fettled.