Thread: Parker-Hale Dragon .22" sporter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    I love mine.

As Mick says, quite tricky the strip - the valve mech is "impressive" for all the wrong reasons. Mine is very accurate.
    I have two at present, Jon.

I have an incomplete action with no stock which Transporter sourced for me, and I have Captain Bongo's complete gun here which he kindly loaned me so that I could copy the cocking lever.

There's certainly a lot of parts in a Dragon compared to its nearest rival, the Mohawk.

All the best Mick

Dragon

I had one...with a leak...fiddled and fiddled...ended up repaired and gave it away....i ll stick to my Genesis far easier to shoot..

Dragon

The resealing of a Dragon is complicated but doable if carried out in a very careful manner. There is a guide that I followed to reseal mine written by Phil Russel either her or on AGF UK.
    If you are confident at working on your own rifles you'll be able to do it , though be prepared for some very unfamiliar internals that could phase a non believer
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    The resealing of a Dragon is complicated but doable if carried out in a very careful manner. There is a guide that I followed to reseal mine written by Phil Russel either her or on AGF UK.
    If you are confident at working on your own rifles you'll be able to do it , though be prepared for some very unfamiliar internals that could phase a non believer
    The guide is in Idiots Guide ... sorry but the number is not immediately to hand but should be in the guide index ... see post 1.
    Quite do-able as long as you take care, no special tools needed... a few mildly fiddly bits. O ring kits are available from 'the site'.

Cheers, Phil

Thank you all. I shall keep it in the "pending" tray.

I had high hopes for these, and the Mohawk, but they never quite delivered the goods, IMHO.

IIRC, Tom Gaylord described the Dragon as (something like) a physics experiment rather than a usable gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Thank you all. I shall keep it in the "pending" tray.

I had high hopes for these, and the Mohawk, but they never quite delivered the goods, IMHO.

IIRC, Tom Gaylord described the Dragon as (something like) a physics experiment rather than a usable gun.
    Yes Geezer

The Dragon valve having two different sealed diameters works by blowing open by moving downwards on pulling the trigger.
    The same result could have been achieved with a simple blow open valve as found in an Innova or Crosman140 with the valve moving backwards --- the more I look at the Dragon valve the more bonkers it looks.

The SSP Mohawk on the other hand has a simple knock open valve and seems to be a very reliable system.
    I've used my new to me Mohawk at the last three events here at Quigley Hollow and I'm quite impressed with it to say the least.
    One thing I'm finding is that air temperature has an effect on SSP velocity, when it was roasting on Sunday I measured a 30fps velocity drop.

All the best Mick