I have owned this for 20ish years. Soon after buying it, it developed a leak, and went back to P-H (1998 or 9) to be fixed, which they did FOC, and - I think also FOC - added factory sling swivels. Later, it developed another leak and I kind of gave up on it.

So I dragged it out of the cabinet, and had a plink, assisted by a small quantity of value lube (Brocock/S&P lube, which I have a lot of in stock).

Conclusions/impressions:

Bluing, fit, finish, stock wood are all excellent.

Cocking and loading are hard and fiddly. I can shoot well much quicker and with less movement with a springer. Lever all the way out, press in valve, lever back (oomph), twiddly bolt open, fiddly pellet in, twiddly bolt closed, release safety/valve.

Trigger (I confess I have never played with it much) is OK, but not a Rekord.

It is quiet, especially with the required suppressor.

Releasing the safety/valve is very loud. Clang/thump. Not good.

It is quite heavy and top-heavy, and off balance side to side because of the cocking lever. It is handier without the suppressor, but hangs better seated with it, unsuprisingly. Still feels like a big old lump.

It still leaks. Its group size varies from ok to awful depending on the time between completing the charging stroke and pulling the trigger - anything from a decent group to not firing at all. But that is a function of the leak.

Interesting. Good bit of airgun history.

If I get round to fixing the leak, how best is that done, and/or who can do it?

Any other experiences and views?