Thread: Edgun leshiy

Edgun leshiy

Iv been looking into this gun, and I can help but think it would be better off with a rectangular air chamber to give it more like 200cc. What's other people's thoughts?

It would look better, and yes have a higher volume, but the downside would be pressure, the point of using cylindrical pressure containers is the ability to use higher pressures without bursting seams/welds.
    FX ImpactX, AirArms HFT500, 2xAirArms S200 MK3, Webley Omega, Weihrauch HW95, HW97K, HW98, HW99s, AirArms S200mk3, Gunpower Stealth, Weihrauch HW40pca, HW45 Black Star, Webley Alecto, Crosman 2240, Artemis pp700sa, Swiss Arms SA P1911, Walther CP88 competition, CP99

Quote Originally Posted by Pakmoto View Post
    It would look better, and yes have a higher volume, but the downside would be pressure, the point of using cylindrical pressure containers is the ability to use higher pressures without bursting seams/welds.
    Which would if it was square push the price tag even higher...
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Which would if it was square push the price tag even higher...
    And the weight, to withstand 200-300 bar it would probably be heavier than the rest of the gun.
    FX ImpactX, AirArms HFT500, 2xAirArms S200 MK3, Webley Omega, Weihrauch HW95, HW97K, HW98, HW99s, AirArms S200mk3, Gunpower Stealth, Weihrauch HW40pca, HW45 Black Star, Webley Alecto, Crosman 2240, Artemis pp700sa, Swiss Arms SA P1911, Walther CP88 competition, CP99

clunge is offline Buys suspicious amounts of hand sanitiser
    To get a better shot count, a small increase in the diameter of the cylinder would give a substantial improvement.

edgun

I got custom twin tanks on mine

Think it is a brilliant little rifle with a decent shotcount (for a 67cc cylinder) .
    Remember there is a regulator fitted inside too!
    I have one in FAC version and think it is a great tool for hunting and easy to transport.
    Love the caliber change feature, got barrels in all calibers, even .30 and .35.

--------------------
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by partner k1250 View Post
    I got custom twin tanks on mine
    I don't understand why this wasn't done as standard. What's the shot count like with the twin tubes?

edgun

not done shot numbers as yet will report back I got all 4 barrels to try

What is the shot count for .177 12ft/lbs

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Quote Originally Posted by ian321 View Post
    What is the shot count for .177 12ft/lbs
    Here you go mate, a cut and paste below.

SHOT COUNT & FINE TUNING

Leshiy is quite easy to adjust for speed with both regulator adjustment and hammer spring fine tuning. I fill my Leshiy with air to 250bar. Why not 300? Sure, you can go up to 300bar but it gives only couple extra shots and with 300 bar in my big tank it would be impossible to fill Leshiy always to the same pressure - so every couple of fills I'd have less shots and I prefer one firm number. I tried 17J with about 110 bar set on regulator and got 40 stabile shots from 250 to 110 bar. If you fill to 300bar and allow for more than 5% Vo variance (me not) you can get even 50+. With about 95 bar on regulator I can get 46 shots with Vo spread below 4% from 250 bar fill. That is great performance considering the size of tank onboard. I'm sure I could get even more with pressure adjusted down to 90 or even 85 bar and the longer 350mm barrel but for now all I have is standard 250mm one.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

BAR (Uk legal. Anti tamper fitted.)

Quote Originally Posted by barrel View Post
    Here you go mate, a cut and paste below.

SHOT COUNT & FINE TUNING

Leshiy is quite easy to adjust for speed with both regulator adjustment and hammer spring fine tuning. I fill my Leshiy with air to 250bar. Why not 300? Sure, you can go up to 300bar but it gives only couple extra shots and with 300 bar in my big tank it would be impossible to fill Leshiy always to the same pressure - so every couple of fills I'd have less shots and I prefer one firm number. I tried 17J with about 110 bar set on regulator and got 40 stabile shots from 250 to 110 bar. If you fill to 300bar and allow for more than 5% Vo variance (me not) you can get even 50+. With about 95 bar on regulator I can get 46 shots with Vo spread below 4% from 250 bar fill. That is great performance considering the size of tank onboard. I'm sure I could get even more with pressure adjusted down to 90 or even 85 bar and the longer 350mm barrel but for now all I have is standard 250mm one.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    Can't fine tune these if you buy from BAR
    MyRifles -Steyr LG110 .177cal - Sightron SIII 10-50x60-

Not my cup of tea.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.