Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post
John Bowkett told me a long while ago that BSA had requested a pcp pistol and wanted to use some components from the 240 magnum. He worked on this for quite some time producing several prototypes, see the JB Fanpage photos, butBSA marketing department said there was no market for a pcp pistol and it was shelved.
The polystyrene tray, he said, for the 240 Magnum had a longer than required cut out in front of the muzzle. When asked why he was told that they were going to manufacture a longer, high power version for the US market. That again was shelved but the polystyrene trays had already been ordered so they stayed as they were.
That would have been a nice pistol to use if de-tuned to below our limit and with the extra length to control the jump. I had a 240 Magnum and while it was accurate when mastered it was very hold sensitive..
I would agree that the 240 Magnum is hold sensitive possibly due to it sitting so high in the hold. Once this is mastered however, the pistol is quite accurate if not as powerful as its name might suggest.

Brian