Thread: Charlie de tuna triggers.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thats proberbly why i still have a box of around 20 of the bloody units...

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    I was going to fit a Charlie de Tuna unit to a CFX I have its got me wondering now.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Yes , it's just that a single stage trigger . It will never going to turn the one you replace into a two stage one . Improves it a bit , but that's all . I spent quite a bit of time trying to get it to work on a SMK 19 a few years back , gave up at the end realizing that's just not possible from mechanical / geometry point of view .

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by amx3 View Post
    Yes , it's just that a single stage trigger . It will never going to turn the one you replace into a two stage one . Improves it a bit , but that's all . I spent quite a bit of time trying to get it to work on a SMK 19 a few years back , gave up at the end realizing that's just not possible from mechanical / geometry point of view .
    So why does it say on his website that it turns it into a true 2 stage trigger

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

It depends upon the strength of the internal springs on these triggers I think (on how the new trigger will perform). I fitted a replacement WW trigger on my xs 19. It was pseudo 2 stage for probably a 1000 shots and then I could get no better from it than a short single stage. I believe for a similar reason Will didn't recommend his triggers for Hatsan Strikers (weaker springs within the trigger).

my experience with grtIII

Some years ago I purchased 2 pieces of grtIII. By that time I had a gamo cfx and a benjamin super streak. Needless to say how awful both of them were. Anyway, I fitted the triggers and in both cases there was no second stage (or was it the first which was missing?). There was only one short stage which you couldn’t say it was some kind of improvement. However , as I had already spent some money and the only improvement was a shiny gold trigger over the stock black one, I decided to dive deeper and I removed the main spring, I measured its thickness and I made a new one (not really a professional job but anyway it was working properly)from a slightly thinner silver steel wire. That was really an improvement, however the trigger became so sensitive(hair trigger) that you could say it was quite dangerous. Finally I found in youtube a very simple modification which gave the same results (single short stage)with the stock trigger. Just find the video in youtube with the title “crosman trigger fix !!! free”. However this small washer which the guy suggests could be a little tricky to find or to make. IMO grtIII is really a waste of money and time.

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by stalil View Post
    Some years ago I purchased 2 pieces of grtIII. By that time I had a gamo cfx and a benjamin super streak. Needless to say how awful both of them were. Anyway, I fitted the triggers and in both cases there was no second stage (or was it the first which was missing?). There was only one short stage which you couldn’t say it was some kind of improvement. However , as I had already spent some money and the only improvement was a shiny gold trigger over the stock black one, I decided to dive deeper and I removed the main spring, I measured its thickness and I made a new one (not really a professional job but anyway it was working properly)from a slightly thinner silver steel wire. That was really an improvement, however the trigger became so sensitive(hair trigger) that you could say it was quite dangerous. Finally I found in youtube a very simple modification which gave the same results (single short stage)with the stock trigger. Just find the video in youtube with the title “crosman trigger fix !!! free”. However this small washer which the guy suggests could be a little tricky to find or to make. IMO grtIII is really a waste of money and time.
    I think I've seen the video you're on about and if I remember correctly I think the guy on it swears all the way through it, I have tried the washer trick but I'm just going to stick with the original one now as it's perfectly acceptable for hunting etc but it's interesting to know that it's not just me who's had the same problem.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in