Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Charlie de tuna triggers.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    Pete,

Unfortunately you can't ask the 'Charlie Da Tuna' (Mr. Bob Werner') as he died in April-2016

Have fun

Best regards

Russ
    It'll be worth keeping hold of it then for a few years as it may become a collectors item in the future.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I have a Gamo 440,a nice rifle if it wasnt for that damn naff trigger!its not the SAT type,which i am told is hardly better!
    I was hoping to buy a GRT4 blade but it would appear it is no longer available either, i beleive it was withdrawn as it was no longer considered to be a DIY item as the new type trigger blade was in a housing that required the housing to be removed and this required a spring compressor to be used to dismantle this assembly from the cylinder .
    I had a GRT3 on a CF20,it worked ok but when these are fitted the blade does not return to neutral once you take up the light 1st stage as you have to remove the return spring that acts on the back of the blade, it relies completely on the strength of the smaller sear spring to return the blade,mine would not.
    I have carried the only mod that can be made then (see youtube "trigger fix for Gamo pellet rifles with plastic blade",by myairgunreviews).this can be carried out without the washers /bearings etc,but same result with a positive blade return.
    I have a long springy take up but a positive almost creep free release,just heavy!
    The rifle runs at just over 11 ft lb, is light and accurate,but the heavy trigger causes too may wide/pulled shots,a great shame.An otherwise excellent value for money rifle.Mine was £104.00 from McAvoys.
    At this point i should apologise to the guy manning the Gamo/BSA stand at the Northern Shooting Show for giving him such an ear bending about this unit!I think the BSA Meteor MK7 may be using the same trigger assy.?
    A good rifle spoiled!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gwyn View Post
    I have a Gamo 440,a nice rifle if it wasnt for that damn naff trigger!its not the SAT type,which i am told is hardly better!
    I was hoping to buy a GRT4 blade but it would appear it is no longer available either, i beleive it was withdrawn as it was no longer considered to be a DIY item as the new type trigger blade was in a housing that required the housing to be removed and this required a spring compressor to be used to dismantle this assembly from the cylinder .
    I had a GRT3 on a CF20,it worked ok but when these are fitted the blade does not return to neutral once you take up the light 1st stage as you have to remove the return spring that acts on the back of the blade, it relies completely on the strength of the smaller sear spring to return the blade,mine would not.
    I have carried the only mod that can be made then (see youtube "trigger fix for Gamo pellet rifles with plastic blade",by myairgunreviews).this can be carried out without the washers /bearings etc,but same result with a positive blade return.
    I have a long springy take up but a positive almost creep free release,just heavy!
    The rifle runs at just over 11 ft lb, is light and accurate,but the heavy trigger causes too may wide/pulled shots,a great shame.An otherwise excellent value for money rifle.Mine was £104.00 from McAvoys.
    At this point i should apologise to the guy manning the Gamo/BSA stand at the Northern Shooting Show for giving him such an ear bending about this unit!I think the BSA Meteor MK7 may be using the same trigger assy.?
    A good rifle spoiled!!!!
    This is the thing I don't understand with Gamo (and Theoben when they where still making rifles), why put a crappy trigger on a half decent rifle, my Brocock is basically a stretched Meteor mk7 in a fancy stock, you would have thought by now that Gamo would have invested a bit more money than they have in a decent trigger, I think poor old BSA must get a lot of flak for their shoddy rifles but it's all down to Gamo holding them back and having the final say about what goes on or in their rifles.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Hi all,

Are charlie de tuna GRT-III triggers just an expensive single stage trigger system, just fitted one to my Brocock Indy and it's basically turned the trigger into a creepy single stager with no positive stop or let off, I've just spent the last hour adjusting both adjuster screws to no avail, oh well that's nearly £40 wasted (£6 of that in postage from B.A.R.).

The original trigger is far better.

Pete
    Hi Pete, I fitted one to my mk1 Rapid and few years ago and can confirm that the GRT trigger converts the gamo unit on the rapid to a genuine two stage trigger. While I was at it I polished all the sears which resulted in a very good trigger indeed. If the GRT for the Rifle you have has two adjusting screws in the blade then I would expect a two stage release to be possible. The adjustment of the screws is very subtle though. Basically the screw furthest from the pivot comes into contact with the sear second to provide the second stage feel so to get rid of creep on the second stage the adjustment has to be spot on. If the other screw is too far in the second screw won't contact the sear prior to release and you won't feel a second stage. Hope this helps. Max
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    Hi Pete, I fitted one to my mk1 Rapid and few years ago and can confirm that the GRT trigger converts the gamo unit on the rapid to a genuine two stage trigger. While I was at it I polished all the sears which resulted in a very good trigger indeed. If the GRT for the Rifle you have has two adjusting screws in the blade then I would expect a two stage release to be possible. The adjustment of the screws is very subtle though. Basically the screw furthest from the pivot comes into contact with the sear second to provide the second stage feel so to get rid of creep on the second stage the adjustment has to be spot on. If the other screw is too far in the second screw won't contact the sear prior to release and you won't feel a second stage. Hope this helps. Max
    Thanks for the advice Max but I'm not even going to bother trying again as I spent ages just turning the rear screw about quarter of a turn at a time and retesting to no avail, I may have a go at polishing the sear contact area and see if that is any improvement.

Pete

OK Pete, no problem but one last thing that may be causing the problem is that if the front screw is too far in. If so it will be the only one in contact with the sear causing the trigger to feel like a creepy single stager. Again adjustments are subtle. Good luck with it! regards Max
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer