Thread: Pellets

Pellets

What's people using in the R10 .177 and find the best.

I don't shoot an R10, so can't offer up any advice other than trying the usual quality choices - JSB Exacts, AA Field, H&N Field Target Trophy, RWS Superfield and Superdomes.

And a very warm welcome to the forum.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I'm on JSB 452s the light ones, seems to like them although I do seem to get a few flyers now and again

You'll want a slightly heavier pellet for a PCP as they'll help to achieve better efficiency, the usual culprits are a good place to start AADF's, Superfields, JSB Exacts etc, lighter pellets are more the springers domain...
    .22 S410...
    .22 Webley Xocet...
    .22 HW95k...

Quote Originally Posted by RSsmiley View Post
    What's people using in the R10 .177 and find the best.
    I have a ratworked R10 in .177 and it loves bisley Mags, i have tried a variety, but the bis mags are just fantasically consistent, everytime.
    Cheers Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobbler View Post
    I have a ratworked R10 in .177 and it loves bisley Mags, i have tried a variety, but the bis mags are just fantasically consistent, everytime.
    Cheers Martin.
    I will have to give them a try then as mine is also a Ratworks R10 👍

On super ten the best pellet for. 177 are barracuda as they are a short pellet it was the only pellets that you didn't get any flyers and grouped one hole with a hole magazine done various tests on the indoor range at 30yards

It depends on what distances you are looking to shoot up to......The best will probably be AA fields and JSB exacts, which are the same pellet, although they both vary in shape from die to die, but I would think these would give the best results up to 45 yards. Ignore the size on the tins though this has been proven to be wrong almost every time and means nothing.

I wouldn't be happy only testing to 30 yards if I was hunting with them further out, but it does give you an idea if they are any good, but pellets can change when pushed further out.

Bisley mags are great quality pellets for close to medium work, but why lose the flat trajectory of a .177 if you need to shoot at different distances? Like I said at the before though, It depends on what you are doing.
    BASC

Shooting out to 70Yards at the range

secretagentmole Guest
    Daystate Heavies, JSB Exact Heavies, 4.52mm!