Thread: Sending a scope to Leupold.

Sending a scope to Leupold.

I have been in communication with Leupold about sending my scope back to them. We have agreed a cost to change the ret on my 3-9x33 EFR to a TMR ret.
    Has anybody had any issues/experience sending a scope to the states?
    Cheers.

I had one a few years ago, a Mk3 6.5-20x50. I had bought it off the bay at a silly price and found it had been 'set' for HFT and wouldn't focus over 100m. I sent it back through the UK importers. It went to Germany, came back in 6 weeks fully sorted with warranty intact. Cost me postage only. I decided after a while it was too much scope for my purposes and I eventually sold it on a forum for twice what I paid.

I would check with Customs, the last thing you want is to be charged duty and vat upon re-entry of the scope in the UK. There certainly is a procedure so if done you won't have problems, just look into it.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

You will need to fill out customs documents, make sure you say it's a used item being returned to the manufacturer for repair, keep the post receipt & any copy of the customs form and enclose a letter asking them to mark it as a used item that has been repaired when sending it back, but as you are not the first & won't be the last I'm sure they already know to do so.

If there's a problem on return you will have your copies of the paperwork to prove you sent it to them so there will be no import or customs to pay.

Definitely speak to customs otherwise they will charge you VAT when it comes back into the UK, even on an item that has already had VAT paid.