Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lightweight guns with decent shot counts.

Lightweight guns with decent shot counts.

Anyone have recommendations for lightweight guns but have a good shot count???? I look about and evrything i look at seems to have low shot counts 30 etc, I know the old saying, that it will be all you need when out in the field etc but would still like to know what people have experience of that are light and have good shot counts.

Cheers Martin.

fx guns

hi , i have had a few fx cylones and 1 fx cutlas they were all very accurit with a canny shot count and nice and light. hope this helps bob.

Cheers Bob i will have a look mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobbler View Post
    Anyone have recommendations for lightweight guns but have a good shot count???? I look about and evrything i look at seems to have low shot counts 30 etc
    IIRC I'd get a couple more than that from my old S200. Otherwise, a HW100K with a FX or similar lightweight cylinder is no slouch.
    How "lightweight" are you aiming for?
    If I say something inaccurate, assume it's for comedy effect

smk p15

Well a springer has the shot count of as many pellets as you can carry

For a high count a PCP need a large supply of air, which means a large tube/bottle, which means a large lump of metal, which will, fairly obviously, weigh more than a small tube/bottle with less air.

You also need to look at the balance of the rifle, a short rifle with the bottle as the stock, like a Verminator, or a bullpup design will feel lighter as the weight balance is tight to the shoulder, not at arms length.

My AA S510C was fairly light with a good count while my mk1 Verminator had a huge count & felt light even though it was actually heavier.

No sure why my replies are not coming through on this, maybe as new user to the forum but, gonna look at FX's Bob thanks for that, other replies, yeah the old mmk1 s200 still does something for me and in regards to "how light" i have no real idea but probably something arouns Ultra light or below would be nice. Thanks Martin

FX streamline does loook to bad at first impressions either, although i note Blackpool airguns are saying on ther site that they'll proabbly not stock them due to their first batch got sent back duee to issues - shame quite like the look.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I had an FX Typhoon which got 120 shots from a 5lb gun. My Steyr H5 Scout gets similar from just a little more weight.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by Nobbler View Post
    No sure why my replies are not coming through on this, maybe as new user to the forum.

Thanks Martin

Correct Martin.

New members first posts are moderated to weed out scammers, once you've made five posts we take your stabilisers off and away you go.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Correct Martin.

New members first posts are moderated to weed out scammers, once you've made five posts we take your stabilisers off and away you go.

All the best Mick

Cheers Mick thought it might of been me not doing something right - thanks for that.

Martin

Any springer will give you a decent shot count and there are plenty of lightweight models available...

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitwrecker View Post
    Any springer will give you a decent shot count and there are plenty of lightweight models available...
    You're very right RW and i have enjoyed many springers in the past, infact i still have my old meteor that i just cant part with and my 10 year old is mastering at the minute, but a pcp is what i'm looking for at the minute.

Cheers Martin

Lightweight rifle

Got an HW110, amazed how light it is and has excellent shot capacity too! Not cheap mind. David

Brocock compatto will do 90 shots in .177