Thread: bipod

bipod

Hi am i doing something wrong or does this happen to everyone.When tightening my by pod onto the sling stud as soon as it starts getting tight the screw slides off centre and looks awful.Little things like this bug me.TIA

My first thought is "what make of bipod is it..."
    Shouldn't make a difference, but if its a real cheapie then maybe!
    HuMa regulated S200 .22...
    Artemis PP800 .177...
    Weihrauch HW45 .177

peterd8877 is offline Anschutz connoisseur and marksman
    Are the two lugs engaged in the holes in the stud?

Quote Originally Posted by threelander View Post
    Hi am i doing something wrong or does this happen to everyone.When tightening my by pod onto the sling stud as soon as it starts getting tight the screw slides off centre and looks awful.Little things like this bug me.TIA
    You need a rubber spacer between the stock & the bipod, the two lug arms are pulling back through the base plate hole too far allowing it to pull/slip off centre.

Try the Harris HB7A spacer.

the bipod i got is a webley not chap realy and it has rubbers between it and the stock.The bipod i had before was a zeadio and i put rubbers on that but the bolt still went askew

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    You need a rubber spacer between the stock & the bipod, the two lug arms are pulling back through the base plate hole too far allowing it to pull/slip off centre.

Try the Harris HB7A spacer.
    that looks like the problem i just tried packing the bipod off the stock a bit and it straightens it up.looks like its the taper on the stock

Quote Originally Posted by threelander View Post
    that looks like the problem i just tried packing the bipod off the stock a bit and it straightens it up.looks like its the taper on the stock
    Yep, I have the same problem with my HW60 HMR, I use the Harris No7 spacer and it works a dream, Tapers from about 1mm to 5mm with a pad each side while down the middle it's thin to allow it to bend to the curve of the stock.