Thread: Sending gunstock by RMSD!!

Sending gunstock by RMSD!!

Heads up to anyone sending a stock or other parts by Post office over 2kg.

Just sent a stock nicely packaged rmsd before 1pm and because it was classed as a medium parcel anything up to 2kg is £11..anything over 2kg and under 10KG is £26.60!!! which is what I just paid for a Steyr stock to be sent as it weighed 2.488kg.

I knew that they had put prices up but thats a ridiculous jump up for a medium parcel when it goes over 2kg.

I think I might be looking at a few couriers next time.
    BASC

Would have been £12.98 Parcelforce 48, or £16.95 First class signed for medium parcel up to 5kg.

RMSD costs more because it has £500 compensation cover, PF48 has £100 cover, RM signed for £50 cover, It's the cover that costs money.

If you use a courier you will probably only have £20 cover

You get what you pay for

Oh & if you use RM or PF via an on-line courier where it's cheaper you get far less cover value !

read the small print

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Would have been £12.98 Parcelforce 48, or £16.95 First class signed for medium parcel up to 5kg.

RMSD costs more because it has £500 compensation cover, PF48 has £100 cover, RM signed for £50 cover, It's the cover that costs money.

If you use a courier you will probably only have £20 cover

You get what you pay for

Oh & if you use RM or PF via an on-line courier where it's cheaper you get far less cover value !

read the small print
    You can pay for additional cover on PF but be careful, if you read the small print airguns are only covered up to their minimum cover rate (£100) so paying for extra cover may not get you any additional compensation for loss or damage. Whether they would pay out extra for a gunstock (if further cover was purchased) I don't know, I suspect they would try to wriggle out of it!
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

Quote Originally Posted by rancidtom View Post
    You can pay for additional cover on PF but be careful, if you read the small print airguns are only covered up to their minimum cover rate (£100) so paying for extra cover may not get you any additional compensation for loss or damage. Whether they would pay out extra for a gunstock (if further cover was purchased) I don't know, I suspect they would try to wriggle out of it!
    I suspect you are correct

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Hermes is cheaper weight wise. but they charge extra for insureance cover over £20. but the good thing is you can always get a quote off them before you send.

secretagentmole Guest

Good tip!

Parcel Monkey can be very good for items like this!

Try interparcel.com

I use them for courier. Standard insurance level is £50, and I think it's £2 per extra £50 you add.

UPS is about a tenner for next day.

Parcel2Go is the one I use. A good choice of prices, couriers and compo.
    You can get it picked up or drop off at a local store.
    Not for air guns of course, but stocks and accessories should be fine.
    Wrap em up well, avoid Hermes if you don't want it used as a battering ram or cricket bat, and all should be good.

Talking

Helpful Viz type hint .

Instead of paying £26 for the styer stock to be sent as an over 2kg package.
    You should have sawed the stock in half and sent it as 2 separate packages of £11 saving youself a fiver.

Quote Originally Posted by DEAN C. View Post
    Heads up to anyone sending a stock or other parts by Post office over 2kg.

Just sent a stock nicely packaged rmsd before 1pm and because it was classed as a medium parcel anything up to 2kg is £11..anything over 2kg and under 10KG is £26.60!!! which is what I just paid for a Steyr stock to be sent as it weighed 2.488kg.

I knew that they had put prices up but thats a ridiculous jump up for a medium parcel when it goes over 2kg.

I think I might be looking at a few couriers next time.
    I use https://uk.interparcel.com

Just has a cs stock delivered by fed ex dont know the cost but it was sent next day delivery

myHermes would have quoted £12.49 including £200 cover.