Thread: HW45 - older silver finish, pre-Truglo and black top lever

HW45 - older silver finish, pre-Truglo and black top lever

Hi,

Has anyone got an older HW45 in silver, pre-Truglo sight and pre black top lever?

The finish looks different to the Silverstar and the current 'STL' which is painted.

Can anyone comment/compare?

Thanks,
    Don't believe the hype .22 rules!

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I had one back in the late 80's and I remember it said it was supposed to be Nickel finished but it was some sort of satin (almost matt) silver paint finish (not Nickel coloured as Nickel coated handguns at the time sort of had a gold/brass tinge to them), it was very hard wearing and in the end I actually spent ages removing the coating with wet and dry paper to reveal the alloy underneath, I then polished it up and fitted black rubber Hogue grips.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I also had one in the mid-late 80's it was all silver with 2 stages/ power levels, nice wooden grips and no stupid fancy names on it..
    a so called friend borrowed and then blagged it from me in the very early 90's
    it seemed much better made than my buddies modern black one,,, but that could very well be those rose tinted glasses that we all seem to wear looking back at things from 30+ years ago.

However compared to a modern HW, I still maintain its the better pistol that a TBT drop in kit would make even better.

I also had one in late 80s

I don't see the point of painting these Zamak pistols silver, bead blasted Zamak is a lovely matt finish as it is. Also polished it looks like stainless steel.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    I don't see the point of painting these Zamak pistols silver, bead blasted Zamak is a lovely matt finish as it is. Also polished it looks like stainless steel.

Baz
    Indeed it does, mine looked superb polished.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in