Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rapid7 owners club site down ?

This is a copy of the post Brooksy made on the AGF.

As you may know, the forum has been off line since Friday 3rd January. I spoke to Phil today and frankly, he's not confident in getting it back online again. Apparently, the ISP was traded between owners in the USA and all of the files have gone missing. They only have stuff from 2008 to 2011.
    If it's an easy fix fair enough, but Phil's health isn't good, so anything more stressful will be the end of the forum.
    There's more to it than that, PM me if you need any more detail with your R7OC user name in the message.
    As for the Vendetta section, I'm sorry, but I can't elaborate as I've no knowledge on the current status.

Brooksy,
    Bob

kevG is offline Longest unaltered member...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Anybody View Post
    Cheers Kev
    I created the updated serial number list for Phil and I still have the master file to create further revised PDF's when Dr Bob provides him with his serial numbers.
    along with a lot of other files from the forum and other sources, all except the master file are available on my google drive..

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...6G?usp=sharing

These are the files I have:

I have the how many shots count that I did for the forum.but it's the original version that as much more than the forum as forum lost alot last time.
    kevG

I see they've got an old 2011 backup running.
    Any R7OC mods know what us newer members should do?
    Do we rejoin or stay out in the cold hoping for a more recent backup to be restored?

R7oc

Me too.. Wont let me sign in.. At least the page is there,,Will try again in a day or two when Phil gets the niggles sorted. Col.

I still can not access anything at all
    kevG

R7oc

Its there Kev, Looks to be an even older format than the last time they fixed it, Time warped back to 2011 again with big font style,
    Tried signing in but nothing. Wants us to register again and we will be starting from zero feedback yet again so I`m probably out for good this time and not re-joining if its not sorted, There are no members and 5 guests at the moment,, Col.

I just the message that the site is updating

Quote Originally Posted by colin g View Post
    Its there Kev, Looks to be an even older format than the last time they fixed it, Time warped back to 2011 again with big font style,
    Tried signing in but nothing. Wants us to register again and we will be starting from zero feedback yet again so I`m probably out for good this time and not re-joining if its not sorted, There are no members and 5 guests at the moment,, Col.
    Yes I've managed to find it m8.i also can not sign in though.thoug a couple of others have started posting on their.i had the same problem last time.theys said it was my fault for not doing it right.load off bollaxx.
    kevG

This is absolute nonsense, I thought Phil would have learned after the last disaster that he needs to start taking regular backups and store them offsite or at the very least promote a mod to do it for him.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    I just the message that the site is updating
    Clear your cookies/ temp internet files and you'll see the site, that's what I did

This is now on display when you visit the forum:

Hello!!

To all members I'm sorry to say that the forum as had a major problem once again like we had before.
    I'm trying to get the problem sorted out. If it's the case that I have lost a lot of data then I will not re open the forum.
    I am very sorry. I will update you with any news I get. Regards phil

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Anybody View Post
    This is now on display when you visit the forum:

Hello!!

To all members I'm sorry to say that the forum as had a major problem once again like we had before.
    I'm trying to get the problem sorted out. If it's the case that I have lost a lot of data then I will not re open the forum.
    I am very sorry. I will update you with any news I get. Regards phil
    Not for me - I still see "updating forum" - but then again my login was lost as it went back to 2011, so maybe its a different message for those that retained their logins?

Its a shame - a wealth of info lost twice...

still cant get on

Spoke to Phil earlier today and it is being worked on by the provider, they are restoring to feb 2019 but we’re in process of finding a later back up.

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I this irony? I always get confused....

Maybe this should be a sticky
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Below is what is on there now, am surprised at a few long term members on here and the comments made about a free forum that they have all used since starting.

“ To members my host as messed up the forum,I'm trying to get the correct data backup to restore the forum to how it was ,im very sorry im trying my hardest to fix it.please bare with me.”