Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Rapid7 owners club site down ?

I am sure Phil will be busting a gut to get the forum back on line.
    Bob

its a funny old site I had 4000 posts went down to 600 now down to the 70s,dont use it much my self now as ive sold all my rapids bar 1

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    Spoke to Phil earlier today and it is being worked on by the provider, they are restoring to feb 2019 but we’re in process of finding a later back up.
    Thanks Guy

Hello everyone
    As you know the forum went down on the 3rd.my host said 2 things might of happened 1st is they said the forum tried to update its self on its own lol its never done that since its been running and second they say someone may of hacked
    the site probably that's what happened. now you may say just upload a backup yep that's what i was going to do BUT
    it seems my hosts are fools,the problem i had was when emailing them i was never talking to the same person so it
    looks like they had a call centre, i was trying to explain to them what had happened when the forum went down
    i had a email telling me that my domain as been deactivate and i had to verify my email they have on record.when i checked
    my cpanel i noticed the main email on record was out of date so updated and asked to send me a new verify link.
    easy i thought how wrong was i.,because the forum was down i asked them for the latest backup they had anyway they took
    it upon there self to upload it to my cpanel now that as just over written my backup i made and servers are still recording.i asked them for a data backup from oct,nov,even dec. but they kept changing my forum data they change the files 3 times that's why post count were changing
    3 data backups 2007,2011,2017 even though I'm asking for december 2019,don't forget there server is still recording my forum,anyway long story short they then tell me they only have 3 days of backups they said they have a backup of 4th jan 2020 but they were backing up a old data backup the fools.
    i have a old backup which is from a year ago so once again the forum as lost over a year of posts.
    I will not be bring the forum back,the forum is closed.Thanks to everyone who helped out over the years and a big thanks to my admin team who took over when i haven't been feeling well.

Thanks Phil.

I don't mean to sound insensitive here but I know your health has been suffering and the stress of this certainly will not be helping so will you offer the other staff the chance to bring the forum back under their control?

Its sad to lose the forum, but thank you for creating it and giving us a place to be.

Best Regards
    Scott

R7oc

Thanks for the info Phil and all your hard work over the years, I`m sure we where all expecting better news. Such a pity that the site has gone, May the R7OC now R.I.P ,,,,,, We will certainly miss you and the team.
    Atb with your health mate, Col.

Don't own a Rapid and never have, but this is very sad news indeed
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

kevG is offline Longest unaltered member...
    At the end of the day Phil's health is much more important. He as gone above and beyond many times to keep the forum going.ime sure we all appreciate his sterling efforts.
    kevG

funkedup is offline Surely you can do better than that!!!
    Health is more important than a forum, but it was great forum with some great members and a wealth of knowledge.

Hope you get well soon Phil, thanks for your efforts!
    Wanted - Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x42 tactical

I am sorry to see the forum go. My thanks go to Phil and his team for keeping the forum running over the years. I know it hasn't been easy.

Best regards

Bob
    Bob

I am gutted it has closed as it was a great forum with some very knowledgeable and helpful members. My thanks to Phil and the other admin members for everything they have done for the forum throughout the years. Good luck and good health for the future
    Ken

Sad,Sad news. Health comes first ALWAYS.

Quick update, spoke to Phil again today and all may not be lost! There is a chance it will be back but with some slight changes.

Worth bearing in mind though that the forum as the Bbs is free to use....... so before anyone starts moaning if it is back in the next week or so and you have posts missing or have to sign back up it is free and not a paid for service!

kevG is offline Longest unaltered member...
    That's great news let's hope it comes of.
    kevG

yes thats good news