Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buxted National lack of local support

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex

Buxted National lack of local support

Firstly big well done to Neil and Alex two great scores on what the people who shot it will agree was a great course. Unfortunately due to a lack of local and national support I am sad to announce that Buxted will no longer be a venue for the UKAHFT series which to my mind is way and ahead of all the current air rifle competitions out there. I have no idea why the south east and especially Sussex and Buxted members(shooting somewhere else wwwankers) fail to support the organisation which has given us what we do most Sundays. So people go have sex with yourselves especially Buxted members and peple involved in SiHFT.

Dissapointed Monkey.

This is very, very sad news.

The Buxted rounds of the UKAHFT Series were always amongst the very best in the HFT calendar.

Gutted

Last Sunday at Buxted was the best shoot I've ever attended.

Very sad news indeed.

Monkey,

Don’t be too hasty with that decision, there was a difference of around 30 shooters between round one and round two and when you consider Buxted's round fell on Father's Day I think you will find the turnout was very impressive!

Seriously, stop having a menopausal moment and reconsider!

http://www.healthline.com/health/men...male#overview1

Love you
    Save time, see it my way

http://www.ford-hft.co.uk/

I know a lot of the more Northern shooters arent happy with the distance they have to travel, but are more then happy for the Buxted crew to travel to places ?

Also, where were all the SiHFT shooters? If some of the regulars from SIHFT had come along we would have sold out.

Just my thoughts.

Chilly
    Last edited by scutter; 24-06-2017 at 10:45 AM.
    HFT Team England 2012 - 2013
    Incompetent writer for Airgunner
    UKAHFT, World and SiHFT Recoiling champ 2017

Also, it was a brilliant event. Well done Buxted.

Firstly I would like to express my gratitude for what I thought was an awesome day out and a great course. Gutted about the catering sodding off but that was my only gripe of the day.

Andy, I know that you and many others put your heart and soul into setting great courses and that was definitely one on Sunday. I hope anybody making the decisions as to whether to give it another try would give the chance to the locals to address their support or if the decision was from Buxted themselves, please guys don't just react with emotion because for many of us, its great to see friends from all over and Buxted is a good venue for it. there was many of us that travelled a fair distance to get there and would do so again.
    Last edited by Rex&Amy; 23-06-2017 at 11:32 AM.
    Does anyone know how to contact doughnuts Anonymous cos I just cant seem to give them up and may be a 0 addict

Firstly Herp I think you know me well enough to know I don't need to be either menopausal or drunk to have any sort of moment.

It is actually financial, we are a small club that always try to put any spare cash we have back into shooting. Consequently we don't skimp, some others might say foolishly, on Trophies as we think a National should have appropriate silverware so the winners have a suitable pot to remember their achievement( for those that don't know the bulk of the trophies are bought by the hosting club)Our first 2 years we spent a fortune and ran at a loss due to poor attendance figures. So for the last two years we shopped around and Justin sourced some slightly cheaper alternatives but these plus a low turnout especially I will re-emphasise from Sussex shooters means we ran at a considerable loss and it is this that has resulted in my desicion to withdraw the club from The National calendar. The main shame for me having been in the Sussex HFT scene from the start is that the Sussex shooters miss out on the chance to compete with the remarkable hardend HFT shooters who travel with the National series regardless of distance in their search to be the best and shoot against the best.

Monkey
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

Tad harsh to blame local shooters if national shooters don't turn up
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiast View Post
    Tad harsh to blame local shooters if national shooters don't turn up
    Not realy Richard. National shooters travel 4 to 5 hours to come to Buxted and have to pay for hotels, local shooters only have to travel 30 minutes.

I don't think it is necessarily that they don't want to shoot the 'ultimate event' i think they just feel intimidated...

It's easy for 'Seasoned National shooters' to overlook this but i believe a lot of average shooters wouldn't even think of putting their name down for something so 'high profile'..
    Just my opinion on what could have occurred, that and Fathers day for the 'not so competitive shooter..'

Doesn't stop it being annoying i agree!
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Richard Mike read Garys post as much as I hate to admit it he has hit the nail on the head. Don't make excuses for preconcieved stereo typical attitudes. We put on a show no one local came so have sex and travel. Both of you fit that mould.

Andy
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

Lots of Nationals are in far flung places. They get viable numbers people attended from thrir region but nowhere else. Unfortunately we dont go figure.

Andy.

for the little its worth, i had a great day shooting with all those there. really liked the venue but not the heat
    TX200 22mm piston PROSPORT 22mm
    AIR ARMS RSN MEMORIAL RECOIL WINNER 2018-------SUCK IT CHILLY
    Danny Does Things on Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by simmmo View Post
    Firstly Herp I think you know me well enough to know I don't need to be either menopausal or drunk to have any sort of moment.

It is actually financial, we are a small club that always try to put any spare cash we have back into shooting. Consequently we don't skimp, some others might say foolishly, on Trophies as we think a National should have appropriate silverware so the winners have a suitable pot to remember their achievement( for those that don't know the bulk of the trophies are bought by the hosting club)Our first 2 years we spent a fortune and ran at a loss due to poor attendance figures. So for the last two years we shopped around and Justin sourced some slightly cheaper alternatives but these plus a low turnout especially I will re-emphasise from Sussex shooters means we ran at a considerable loss and it is this that has resulted in my desicion to withdraw the club from The National calendar. The main shame for me having been in the Sussex HFT scene from the start is that the Sussex shooters miss out on the chance to compete with the remarkable hardend HFT shooters who travel with the National series regardless of distance in their search to be the best and shoot against the best.

Monkey
    Well I didn't know that, it's a shame
    Save time, see it my way

http://www.ford-hft.co.uk/