Firstly Herp I think you know me well enough to know I don't need to be either menopausal or drunk to have any sort of moment.

It is actually financial, we are a small club that always try to put any spare cash we have back into shooting. Consequently we don't skimp, some others might say foolishly, on Trophies as we think a National should have appropriate silverware so the winners have a suitable pot to remember their achievement( for those that don't know the bulk of the trophies are bought by the hosting club)Our first 2 years we spent a fortune and ran at a loss due to poor attendance figures. So for the last two years we shopped around and Justin sourced some slightly cheaper alternatives but these plus a low turnout especially I will re-emphasise from Sussex shooters means we ran at a considerable loss and it is this that has resulted in my desicion to withdraw the club from The National calendar. The main shame for me having been in the Sussex HFT scene from the start is that the Sussex shooters miss out on the chance to compete with the remarkable hardend HFT shooters who travel with the National series regardless of distance in their search to be the best and shoot against the best.

Monkey