Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buxted National lack of local support

I think it might help to establish why those who didn't attend, decided not to. Was it:

- Felt the course would be too hard
    - Didn't want to be out of their depth with so many good shooters there
    - Didn't like the Chrono(!)
    - It was fathers day

Or indeed any other reason please be honest!!!! Anyone running a National event incurs a lot of effort and expenditure and understanding what keeps people away might help others when organising their rounds.

I was a reluctant starter as I felt I would be out of my depth, but went along anyway!
    Air arms HFT500, Prosport,
    WH100SK Daystate Griffin

I am building an extension and refurbishing my house, otherwise it would definitely be one not to miss!!

Just not shooting anywhere at the moment, that's my excuse xx (missing it like mad though..)
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

I was ill...i did get up and get ready to go...but couldn't face a day away from home feeling yakky!... as you know I normally do the buxted round...but yes your right the club's don't earn much from hosting a national round and it is a lot of hard work and aggro...if the numbers aren't there it simply isn't worth it..especially when it's normally only one or two of you doing all the work.
    Jen x

I was at work 7am until 7pm like most weekends at the moment

The Oaks SiHFT Winners 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016

I was at Ford administering and taking part in our clubs Pistol HFT open.
    Save time, see it my way

http://www.ford-hft.co.uk/

I was registered, booked in for the second session and fully paid up; but my back injury returned on the Friday whilst practicing. Another expensive week followed at the physiotherapist.
    PJ

Gutted I couldn't make it but I was working nights that week and didn't even get home until 08:00 after working 13hrs in a prison with some very demanding residents, I would hate to think that for this reason I've missed out on future "local" national level shooting. Hope the decision gets reconsidered but don't blame you if it's not as very few can afford to run at a loss, maybe for future events not such lavish silverware is the answer, a big trophy is always nice but receiving any trophy is also good as are the priceless memories if you walk away as the champion of the day.
    Just my $0.02

Drops mic & exits stage left.......

We had intended to join in the fun, but a 'special' birthday of mine was during that week and a surprise pressie meant we ended up spending that weekend in Amsterdam. We haven't done any Nationals before though, and these aren't on our hobby radar at the moment, but were very happy to go along to support Buxted and give it a go. Well, this is what I thought we were going to be doing that Sunday until my birthday came round :-) Just a shame we weren't in the country in the end. (Justin in retrospect, this is clearly why Rick was not totally committal every time you chatted to us to drum up business for the day, I just didn't realise why. I thought it was weird but didn't suss why, as he'd shoot in his sleep if he could lol).

Quote Originally Posted by chairgunnergirl View Post
    We had intended to join in the fun, but a 'special' birthday of mine was during that week and a surprise pressie meant we ended up spending that weekend in Amsterdam. We haven't done any Nationals before though, and these aren't on our hobby radar at the moment, but were very happy to go along to support Buxted and give it a go. Well, this is what I thought we were going to be doing that Sunday until my birthday came round :-) Just a shame we weren't in the country in the end. (Justin in retrospect, this is clearly why Rick was not totally committal every time you chatted to us to drum up business for the day, I just didn't realise why. I thought it was weird but didn't suss why, as he'd shoot in his sleep if he could lol).
    looking at Andys scores, that's what he is doing!

Sure he will come back with a very predictable "well you fall asleep at every peg" (read in a really wimpy winey old voice and it will be like he is there ....with you...) ...Ok don't..
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

well might as well put my two penny's worth in . Putting on a national event is a big commitment for Buxsted Club and I know Andy and Justin worked very hard to make it a fabulous day which it was .you can't run at a lose it is unfair on the club and the members this needs looking at I am shour we are not the only club that this happens to . We don't want to lose our national series. As for local shooters well I think we are very lucky in this area my be to Lucky as I can't remember a weekend recently where there hasn't been a shoot all takes it's toll at home with the family there was a shoot on Mother's Day that went down like a fart in the Duvet and a national on fathers day perhaps a little more though is needed all round including I hope our fabulous club Buxsted in the land of the magic tractors.