Thread: Diana sidelevers vs underlevers what do Diana fans prefer these days and why

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyone View Post
    I have one or two
    I've recently been fettling a 50T01 and that is a nice solid platform. The tap loaders have long fallen from favour but still give reasonable performance and a real taste of yesteryear.
    I must admit to doing more collecting than shooting these days and so few of the.underlevers get used as often as I would like. The little I have done with them I can still tell they are solidly built. I currently have a 430 ST, 46ST, 46, 460 Mag, 470TH, and 300r.
    Totally off topic for just a moment I overhauled an old 34s on the weekend and I have to say that the breech arrangement on this (and indeed all Diana break barrels I would imagine) is first rate in that you have a steel tube which passes through the breech block and into the breech jaws. Thin shims either side hold the tube in place with the aide of a thin breech bolt. Very simple and efficient and no doubt goes some way to helping these guns to good accuracy.
    Dave
    And I thought that I was a Diana fan you have almost a full set of morden Diana underlevers

Dave does your 34s have a firebird stock?

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    And I thought that I was a Diana fan you have almost a full set of morden Diana underlevers

Dave does your 34s have a firebird stock?
    Only Firebird I have Barry is the 52 I had from Litts mentioned earlier. However, here's the odd thing. The 34 DID arrive with a Firebird medallion on the pistol grip. Sadly it was there with the help of a sticky label NOT a metal medallion inlet
    I think that was wishful thinking on behalf of the previous owner.
    Its still a nice gun though and being a carbine I fancy it balances better than a full length version. Just my take on it.
    Dave