Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JSRamsbottom Scopes - what's the difference?

You might be surprised when you take it out and look at a few things at say 25 to 30 yds, especially on the lower mags of 4, 5, or 6. I was looking through a Hawke Vantage 3-9 this afternoon at my local range which was parallaxed at 100 yds and at 20 yds on x8 mag it was very nearly in full focus, course you had to get your eye alignment spot on every time but I sometimes think that we overlook non AO scopes, at least I used to 'till lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Argent View Post
    Funnily enough I bought the same scope when I ordered the JSR/Leapers. I'm a novice so I'm so glad you've reviewed it. I was pretty blown away by it to be honest. I only got it because of a slightly tangential recommendation of its fine mildot reticle.

I bought it as a cheap option for a 2nd gun, but it's too good so it's going on the main gun, and I'm gonna get the Sabre 4x32 for the 2nd.

The JSR/Leapers is lovely and seems excellent value-for-money, and massive thanks to bighit for the link on how to reparrellaxing, but it sounds like something I'd f-up.

If Sabre produce a 3or4-12x40 version and JSR sell it at a price in line with the 2-7x32 I'll be desperate to snap one up.
    The issue of the stiff turret has been resolved. An email to JSR and a reply within an hour sorted the problem out. Apparently if the windage turret has been turned all the way this will make the elevation turret quite stiff. I unwound the windage and the elevation turret is now turning freely. I call this a great service as many would have just ignored the eamil for days because it is after all a very cheap special offer scope. Well done JSR customer service. To top it up they even offered to replace or refund it by return which I happily declined. I would still wish that there was a 3x10x32 version of this scope. Perfect for all air rifle use.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by Argent View Post
    Funnily enough I bought the same scope when I ordered the JSR/Leapers. I'm a novice so I'm so glad you've reviewed it. I was pretty blown away by it to be honest. I only got it because of a slightly tangential recommendation of its fine mildot reticle.

I bought it as a cheap option for a 2nd gun, but it's too good so it's going on the main gun, and I'm gonna get the Sabre 4x32 for the 2nd.

The JSR/Leapers is lovely and seems excellent value-for-money, and massive thanks to bighit for the link on how to reparrellaxing, but it sounds like something I'd f-up.

If Sabre produce a 3or4-12x40 version and JSR sell it at a price in line with the 2-7x32 I'll be desperate to snap one up.
    My 3x9x40 tasco silver antler had been reparalexed before I got it. It was on my hw99s. It was just a little close for me so I adjusted it a little further out range wise. Was pretty easy to do.