Had a Lee bottom pour for a couple of years and it worked ok to start with. Then the element went so i changed
it. Then it started dripping hot lead which splashed all over the place including on me. Then the spout seat came
loose in the pot so i welded a plate over the hole and bought a ladle. Problem then was the pots diameter wasn't
big enough to scoop below the top 3rd of molten lead so i bought a Lyman Big Dipper. Absolutely brilliant. Melts
quickly and no drips or mucking about. A ladle is only about a fiver and i can cast 577 minnie bullets with one dip.
One full pot of lead equals hundreds of 457 or 433 balls and i would recommend one to anyone wanting to cast
without getting splashed with hot molten lead. Had mine about 5 years now and still going strong.
Only thing i would advise is empty the pot after each use. I cast bullets with old wheel weights and round ball etc
with pure lead and i detest having to heat the pot to empty it before starting again with whatever lead i want to use.
Sods law always says the wrong lead will be set in the pot so if its emptied theres no issue. Tim