Thread: 30mm scope on s400 - mounts advice

30mm scope on s400 - mounts advice

Is anyone running a 30mm tube 50mm objective scope on an s4** or S5** rifle? I want to fit sportsmatch mounts to it but just wondering whether I'll get away with the mediums on it without fouling the barrel

Might make a difference if it's a shrouded barrel, some versions are I believe.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

It's a standard s400, no shroud but has the little "rosebud" bit at the breech end

It depends on the external diameter of the objective, and whether you want to use a lens cap or not. The 'drop' from the sight rail to the barrel on an S400 gives you about 10mm extra clearance so you should get away with a medium mount unless the external diameter of your objective is particularly big (like some AO's) but it will be close and you will only know for sure if you try it or find someone using the same scope. Sportsmatch have some info here: http://www.sportsmatch-uk.com/products

Hope this helps

Alan

Looks like I'll have to do some very careful measuring of the existing mounts and the clearance it leaves and work out from there, hoped there would be someone who would know. Thanks guys