Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Postage question - PF48 content

Quote Originally Posted by venoman View Post
    How come Parcel Force deliver new PCP to me then ?.
    Because the sender may have a trade account Trade have different rules to the general public.

You must also be an RFD to have a "new PCP" delivered to you, unless it was sent from abroad in which case the item was not initially posted with RM in the UK,

In that case they are acting as agents under contract to the original carrier & it is that carriers licence that covers the delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by rancidtom View Post
    If you declare it as a "low powered sporting air rifle" it is on the permitted list. The definition doesn't exclude PCP's but my advice to anyone sending me a PCP with a gauge fitted is to send it empty. Pressure vessels and gas cartridges are excluded but if a bottle is screwed on to an air rifle it is classified as part of the air rifle. If bottles are to be sent separate then they should have valves removed and be declared as a flask or tube.
    RFD's can send to other RFD's for FAC guns, private individuals can send to private individual or RFD only if it is a sub12 (sub6 for pistols).
    If you don't declare the contents of the package it will certainly be x-rayed and sent for destruction if found to be a gun of any description, so declaring as sporting goods is not a good idea. If it has been declared as a "low powered sporting air rifle" and is damaged or lost in transit then you are able to claim but only to the minimum level of insurance (the standard shipping fee for the weight/size) which presently is only £100 so pack your gun well and declare it properly or you may not get any compensation at all if lost or damaged.
    In all my years of shipping FAC guns to/from other RFD's and repaired guns back to private individuals I have had no losses or damage caused by PF48. The only gun which I have ever received in a damaged condition was posted to me by a customer who used "MyHermes" against my advice. They refused to pay any compensation saying the gun had been improperly packed and also was on their "banned goods" list so even if properly packed they would not have paid any compensation. After repair the gun was returned via PF48 with no problems.
    RMSD will carry air guns but their size limits don't allow rifles, not even take down rifles sadly. Their minimum compensation level is £250 so worth considering if sending an air pistol but be sure to declare it as an air pistol (low powered sporting airgun) and you should be fine.
    Do you have proof that it "will certainly be x-rayed"?

You don't, I'm sure of that...

No pressure cylinders no matter what they are attached to or part of. Please stop posting false info

Quote Originally Posted by Logunner View Post
    Do you have proof that it "will certainly be x-rayed"?

You don't, I'm sure of that...
    It will be if sent RMSD by air, nothing to do with RM that's a CAA rule, all unaccompanied air freight will get an X-ray for security.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Because the sender may have a trade account Trade have different rules to the general public.

You must also be an RFD to have a "new PCP" delivered to you, unless it was sent from abroad in which case the item was not initially posted with RM in the UK,

In that case they are acting as agents under contract to the original carrier & it is that carriers licence that covers the delivery.
    Exactly what my RFD told me regarding the diver bottle.

Diver bottles R us sends them to the RFD but the RFD can't use the same courier to send it to any one else. Different trade accounts. If faulty it's diver bottles R us that gets it sent back via THEIR account from the RFD.

Only one RFD local to me could find the couriers they use to send it for me at £40 just for carriage alone. So it never got sent.

As Angrybear said, anything going on a plane is x-rayed.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

As Angrybear said, anything going on a plane is x-rayed.

Angrybear knows the rules and the processes, as do I. You stated that parcels sent by pf48 will be x-rayed which is incorrect, please only post the facts.

Pressure vessels whether full or empty are technically not permitted BUT.......if the parcel is not to be sent by air the chances of being stopped and destroyed is very small. Not zero but very small. If the pressure vessel can be removed and sent separately so much the better.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Quote Originally Posted by Logunner View Post
    Angrybear knows the rules and the processes, as do I. You stated that parcels sent by pf48 will be x-rayed which is incorrect, please only post the facts.
    Any parcel going via PF or RM may be flown unless marked as "Do not air uplift" so therefore any parcel not marked "Do not air uplift" may be x-rayed. This has been made clear to me, there is no guarantee that a parcel will not be air uplifted unless marked "Do not air uplift".
    PF's terms and conditions state:
    2.20 All Consignments which are transported
    by air are subject to screening processes
    for reasons of security. The contents
    of any Consignment which is being
    transported by air must be capable of
    being determined by such scanners.
    Where the contents of a Consignment
    cannot be determined using those
    scanners, then Clause 2.4 shall apply.

2.4 Parcelforce Worldwide reserves the
    right to refuse, hold, cancel, postpone or
    return any Consignment, the carriage of
    which is prohibited by law at any time or if
    such Consignment would in the opinion of
    Parcelforce Worldwide be likely to cause
    damage or delay to other Consignments,
    goods or persons, or does not comply
    with any of these Conditions of Carriage.
    If Parcelforce Worldwide accepts a
    Consignment not complying with this
    Clause 2.4 that does not mean that
    Parcelforce Worldwide has waived the
    Customer’s obligations pursuant to this
    sub-clause.

Those are the facts I have read on PF's website. I draw my own conclusion from this that any parcel may be scanned (x-rayed).
    I don't mind if they x-ray a parcel, I have nothing to hide, I post with due regard to the terms and conditions, if PF want to x-ray for security/safety/anti-terrorism it's fine by me. I'm happy to use their service expecting my parcels to be x-rayed.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

I know who I would trust to know the rules given that they are Ex-royal mail if I remember right and who also helped find "lost " parcels for people on here

Any parcel going via PF or RM may be flown unless marked as "Do not air uplift" so therefore any parcel not marked "Do not air uplift" may be x-rayed. This has been made clear to me, there is no guarantee that a parcel will not be air uplifted unless marked "Do not air uplift".

sub-clause.

Those are the facts I have read on PF's website. I draw my own conclusion from this that any parcel may be scanned (x-rayed).
    I don't mind if they x-ray a parcel, I have nothing to hide, I post with due regard to the terms and conditions, if PF want to x-ray for security/safety/anti-terrorism it's fine by me. I'm happy to use their service expecting my parcels to be x-rayed.
    True enough,
    BUT
    PF Worldwide have multiple services, Just within the UK they have 5 different services (Express9, 10, AM, 24 & 48) and the reason they state Guns to go by PF48 only is because that is a road transport service (within the mainland) as they have 48 hours to deliver, if an item is sent Express9 to be delivered by 9am the next day then quite possibly it would have to be moved by air.

Rather than draw my own conclusions I prefer to read the rules & if still unsure phone them & ask .

I read the rules and assumed that anything sent may be liable for x-ray therefore I always mark the packages as "not for air uplift", "To be signed for by addressee only" and "Do not leave with neighbour". I declare that I have sent a low power sporting air rifle (if sub12) or just an air rifle if sending an FAC to another RFD. So far I have had no damaged packages, no late deliveries and no losses so I must be doing something right. I only send via PF48 (unless it's a pistol then I may consider RMSD) so maybe none of my packages have ever been x-rayed, who knows? I have sent to N.I. using PF48 with no problems too. As I mentioned earlier I have nothing to worry about if they are x-rayed because I have declared what is in the package and complied with the rules as stated in PF and P.O's terms and conditions.

sub-clause.

This post confirms you do not know the facts. Anyone reading your 'advice' could be mislead, anyone reading Angrybear's factual posts would be better advised.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post

So its nothing to do with safety its down to if the payment is right we will delivery whatever you want.
    .22 Venom Mach 1 (FAC) 6-25x56 Millett.
    .22 Venom Mach 2 Thumbhole 6.5-20x40 Leupold EFR.
    .22 Venom Mach 2 Sporter 4-12x40 Leupold.
    .177 Venom Vantage 4-16x50.
    .177 Venom Daystate 8-32x56 AGS.
    .22 Venom Datstate 4-16x56 AGS.
    .22 Webley Venom FX2000 6-18x40 Busnel Legend.
    .177 Titan MPT by Steve Pope 6-24x40 Tasco.
    .177 Pro-Sport 4-16x50.
    .22 Webley FX2000 3-9x33 Leupold EFR.
    .177 Logan Solo 4-16x50.
    .22 HW90 (spring powered) 4-16x50
    .22 Gamo Stutzen.
    .177 Walther lever action.

Maybe PF has a greater degree of confidence in RFDs that they will not send pressurised items etc.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Maybe PF has a greater degree of confidence in RFDs that they will not send pressurised items etc.

Wish this forum had a 'thumbs up' button....