Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to make a Chalk stick target - cheap! Clouds of chalk dust :D

Just ordered another bit of metal from the bay
    My youtube channel and please subscribe if you like itShooting at Dawn
    Facebook group Air Rifles

And for long range.. a 25mm hole 30mm tube & these:
    http://m./itm/263047143079?_trksid=p...75&_mwBanner=1

Oh yeah!!!!
    Got to be done!! Placed next to the bucket!!
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by neil180 View Post
    Just ordered another bit of metal from the bay
    Get in! Nice one
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

If you mounted a circular saw blade behind all the holes it would "ding" when you score a direct hit and act as a pellet/chalk debris trap also...
    Stick a tray underneath and voila!

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    If you mounted a circular saw blade behind all the holes it would "ding" when you score a direct hit and act as a pellet/chalk debris trap also...
    Stick a tray underneath and voila!

Loving this thread!

You could even play a darts style game where you add your scores

Loving this thread!
    Me too!!

Lightbulb

You could even play a darts style game where you add your scores
    Round plate? Different size holes in various rings horizontaly accros the centre of the board? Different colour rings with matching chalk in the tube behind? Smallest hole in the bull? think I'm having a brain storm here

Step by step...

GOing to make a target with 4 or 5 different sized holes. I have ordered another 3mm 100 x 150 plate which is plenty big enough for the job. I can drill the holes and weld tubes for feeding the chalk and stops to make sure it doesn't just drop straight through. I will look into mounting a plate behind the holes as a 'bell' - I quite like the idea of it being at an angle to deflect pellets downwards but I would like it far enough behind the target plate so that the chalk dust can flow nicely... I like to see the cloud

Might have to get in touch with micah for a couple more of his excellent spinners as I really do like the fact that they are there too
    Last edited by neil180; 22-06-2017 at 10:44 PM.

Step by step...

GOing to make a target with 4 or 5 different sized holes. I hav eordered another 3mm 100 x 150 plate which is plenty big enough for the job. I can drill the holes and weld tubes for feeding the chalk and stops to make sure it doesn't just drop straight through. I will look into mounting a plate behind the holes as a 'bell' - I quite like the idea of it being at an angle to deflect pellets downwards but I would like it far enough behind the target plate so that the chalk dust can flow nicely... I like to see the cloud

Might have to get in touch with micah for a couple more of his excellent spinners as I really do like the fact that they are there too
    Sounds great... Here's what Id like to build.... one plate 5 holes... 12mm = 1point, 10mm = 5points, 8mm = 50points 6mm = 100points and 5mm = 250points. You load all five with different colours so there is no mistaking the score. Then (both with .177 springers) two people play darts type rules, to get the destination number a player chrono's his gun & you use the FPS value for the game. Each player then is allowed to shoot until they miss then they write down the score., Then the next player shoots and does the same. First to the destination number wins. If the first player reaches the number without missing, the second player is allowed to take his turn but looses if he misses, if he doesn't miss the winner of the game is the player who used fewest shots on the last round.
    What do you think?
    Rhys

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Red, yellow green brown blue pink & black? Chalk required

Pete
    Pete

Ordered more metal and a box of coloured chalks this morning

If you want a bell that last I use stunt pegs off a bmx I have built a few in the past for use at gun club So they have to last I also have built a bolt system which I use shotgun primers as they are cheaper and louder than. 22 blanks

Ordered more metal and a box of coloured chalks this morning
    Have you drawn a design?

Have you drawn a design?
    No lol

and I dont think it would look that good in chalk