Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to make a Chalk stick target - cheap! Clouds of chalk dust :D

Great thread Neil. Hope you don't mind copycat and modifications.

Quote Originally Posted by deejayuu View Post
    Great thread Neil. Hope you don't mind copycat and modifications.
    I nicked the design in the first place mate - I just thought it looked like a easy and quick project
    My youtube channel and please subscribe if you like itShooting at Dawn
    Facebook group Air Rifles

Quote Originally Posted by neil180 View Post
    No lol

and I dont think it would look that good in chalk
    Lol... I walked into that one !
    I tried to contact my welder man but I think he's still at Glastonbury so I'll have to wait for any further advances to my take on this idea, I can't wait to actually have a game with someone
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Lol... I walked into that one !
    I tried to contact my welder man but I think he's still at Glastonbury so I'll have to wait for any further advances to my take on this idea, I can't wait to actually have a game with someone
    Agreed.

My next planned incarnation of this target will involve a selection of holes ranging from maybe 6mm up to 12 mm in 2 mm increments. I will also include a couple of Micahs small spinners on the side as when you are aiming for just tiny targets they will be usefull as a bit of a zero to make sure you are on the button. I will be looking to incorporate a deflector plate / bell behind the holes too
    My youtube channel and please subscribe if you like itShooting at Dawn
    Facebook group Air Rifles

Agreed.

My next planned incarnation of this target will involve a selection of holes ranging from maybe 6mm up to 12 mm in 2 mm increments. I will also include a couple of Micahs small spinners on the side as when you are aiming for just tiny targets they will be usefull as a bit of a zero to make sure you are on the button. I will be looking to incorporate a deflector plate / bell behind the holes too
    I was thinking of design logistics again last night & I thought if you had the edges of the holes all inline, you could use one single section of flat bar all the way across for the chalk to rest on. I also thought that if you drilled the holes 1-2mm above this resting flat bar, it will give you space to increase the size of the holes if required. It may well be the case that 6mm is just too small but you absolutely have to try it as you can very easily increase the size but not decrease the size. I'm even tempted to start at 5mm and work up.
    What thickness of steel are you using Neil? Have you had any denting issues? I was thinking a 3mm or 4mm plate just to make it super sturdy but I've got a habit of making things completely overkill

Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Agreed.

Spinners are a good idea too.. be cool if you could mount your flip flop dualing tree over one of the chalk tubes