Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Low powered springers.

Indeed; I absolutely love my 300S and it really did ought to come out for a play sometime soon.
    Fantastic engineering and a lovely, quality air of precision.

I have the slightly larger CZ Slavia 634. Full power but very smooth cycle and very accurate.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Hard to beat a 30s running 7 ft/lbs...

My 30s in .177, shooting at 6ft/lbs is the sweetest rifle I own. Cant get enough of shooting it.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    As above ;
    The Fwb 300S all day long for me !
    “An airgun or two”………

They are fine for 10~15 meters target practice or even very short range pesting but anything beyond 30 yards then forget it. You really need to watch the pellets dance in flight on a breezy days with one these 6 ft.lbsers and I mean really watch the pellet as it is so slow, to realise what a gift a 12 ft.lbser is.

A.G

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Agreed although suiting Arthur's requirement at close range the 300s is brilliant !
    I did own a very nice Mk. 6 BSA Meteor .177 which I parted with about a year ago and that also was a joy to shoot at close range and I may one buy another !
    “An airgun or two”………

Yes the FWB 300s is superbly accurate, but too heavy to be a garden gun. Unless you are young and strong, it needs resting.

What's the point of bench resting at 10-15m? No challenge at all.

However, at up to 30m, bench rested, indoors, the FWB 300s will compete with most pcps.

For me a garden gun needs to be light and handy, and usable by all members of the family.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    I cut the spring down in an already low power Webley Senior so it was easier for my old dad to cock. It had a side effect of reducing the recoil, and making it much more accurate and nicer to shoot.

Lightbulb And; slightly different.......

I've mentioned a few times thst I sometimes look in on the US Pyramyd Air Daily Blog.

There's an interesting article on what the author describes as what could be / could have been a World beating rifle in terms of smoothness and sweet shooting manners and easy cocking effort. It was a gas ram, pressure reduced and doing 7.5ft.lbs. Sound familiar? Less pressure / less spring involved. The low muzzle energy would turn many buyers off, especially in the US where there has been this mad race to chase higher and higher advertised velocity figures, but as a sweet shooting, precision rifle to enjoy for the sake of enjoyment, sounds lovely.

I've only quickly "scan read" it just now and will have a proper look later.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I have to agree with you

Me too...

I have a 30s running very smoothly at around 6.25 ft lbs depending on pellet, and it holds it own at 25 yards against most other springers. Give it some elevation and it`s just as accurate at 50 yards. I have fitted a Venom 7" shroud and it`s a well balanced lovely little shooter.
    Several of the members of the club I belong to have purchased or are thinking of buying these nice little rifles.