Thread: As an old chap now living in reduced circumstances I find I've no room for the likes

As an old chap now living in reduced circumstances I find I've no room for the likes

of my long guns. I wonder,is there is anyone in NZ who would trade a likewise Tell 3 (or the likes) for a handsome working Sheridan "SPORTER"(the centre rifle)?
    http://s864.photobucket.com/user/cin...epreh.jpg.html
    Such a transaction would have to be in NZ because of our prohibitive importation laws!

cinedux.com

I can relate to you, starting late in retirement to collect, I'm mainly collecting pistols. The only rifles are the early Crosman's you got me interested in. Can't believe New Zealand has made it impossible as well. One of the reasons I started collecting airguns in US is that I can mail them around freely with no red tape.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by cinedux View Post
    of my long guns. I wonder,is there is anyone in NZ who would trade a likewise Tell 3 (or the likes) for a handsome working Sheridan "SPORTER"(the centre rifle)?
    http://s864.photobucket.com/user/cin...epreh.jpg.html
    Such a transaction would have to be in NZ because of our prohibitive importation laws!

cinedux.com
    lf you where in the UK you would have quite a few takers on your offer, but over in NZ you might struggle. best of luck with your quest.

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    I can relate to you, starting late in retirement to collect, I'm mainly collecting pistols. The only rifles are the early Crosman's you got me interested in. Can't believe New Zealand has made it impossible as well. One of the reasons I started collecting airguns in US is that I can mail them around freely with no red tape.
    Steve I wouldn't say Trev is exactly "starting to collect late in retirement" - he's probably one of the best-known long-time vintage airgun collectors in the world.

But it sounds like he's pining for the nice boxed Tell 3 he once owned.

New Zealand must be one of the most hostile environments anywhere to be a collector these days, unless you happen to be lucky enough to snag one of the many collectables that made it over there in happier times....
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Steve I wouldn't say Trev is exactly "starting to collect late in retirement" - he's probably one of the best-known long-time vintage airgun collectors in the world.

But it sounds like he's pining for the nice boxed Tell 3 he once owned.

New Zealand must be one of the most hostile environments anywhere to be a collector these days, unless you happen to be lucky enough to snag one of the many collectables that made it over there in happier times....
    I was talking about myself not Trev, on collecting after retirement

I was talking about myself not Trev, on collecting after retirement
    Apologies, I misunderstood.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

You are right on,Danny!

I'd like that old Tell 3 back.;-)But also,I'd like to convert my long guns into short ones!

As I understand it

No official announcements but unspoken bureaucratic obstruction on air pistol imports.

Seems not even the wholesalers can get pistols and

'especially dangerous' rifles in now......All a bit depressing. Keep restoring those geriatric airguns!Time for some locally made air guns??Trev

Can you send out of the country?

Can you send out of the country?
    We are a country of free people and can do what we are told

Quote Originally Posted by slow_runner View Post
    We are a country of free people and can do what we are told
    What you guys need to find is a lawyer that is a Airgun enthusiast. In this country trade associations would be all over it in the courts if there is actually no law.