Thread: Weihrauch HW 45 barrel in .25caliber

Weihrauch HW 45 barrel in .25caliber

Sorry if this is the wrong section to post but I am looking for a .25 caliber barrel for my HW 45. I don't expect to find one but I know that a few "one offs" have been produced in the past and there may be a slim chance of finding one.

hw45

Quote Originally Posted by shadysadie View Post
    Sorry if this is the wrong section to post but I am looking for a .25 caliber barrel for my HW 45. I don't expect to find one but I know that a few "one offs" have been produced in the past and there may be a slim chance of finding one.
    Never heard or seen one, i have the .177,.20 and .22 barrels , i would not think the pistol as powerfull as it is, would be much good with a .25 pellet unless tuned up over legal limit above the law of 6ft lbs and that would be asking for trouble.

I have a brass HW45 .25 barrel purchased some years ago, but I've never yet fitted it so don't know what it's performance is like.

I have a CP1 co2 pistol in .25.

Cheap and good fun.

Easier than a .25 45 project.

Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Never heard or seen one, i have the .177,.20 and .22 barrels , i would not think the pistol as powerfull as it is, would be much good with a .25 pellet unless tuned up over legal limit above the law of 6ft lbs and that would be asking for trouble.
    I think Steve Harper supplied some .25 barrels during the 1980s but not sure if it was ever a factory option. I have a factory .20, which is a nice compromise with H&N FTT.

John

Quote Originally Posted by shadysadie View Post

I had one for my HW45. Only tried it once at short range in the workshop. Hit quite hard, though.
    As far as I know it was produced by the factory.

Streatham Armoury used to produce a HW45 kit with all 4 barrels (.177, .20,.22, .25) and a fitted silencer.

HTH

I had a .25 barrel made for my early HW45 by Steve Harper. It shot very well but, in conjunction with the tuning kit fitted, placed the power output rather close to the legal limit. TR Robb made a .25 barrel for my Webley Nemesis and may well have offered one for the HW45 at one time.
    Essex Air Ambulance saved my life on 20/08/2010 www.essexairambulance.uk.com