Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: steyr lp5 pcp pistol

steyr lp5 pcp pistol

Hi guys as above I just wanted to know more about this pistol and how much do they go for used. I fancy a multi shot pcp pistol, anyone has one can tell me more about this please...

Regards
    Anwar

Anyone out there got one of these and shot count per fill.

Hi Anwar, I have had a look on Google,,, owners are claiming that 100 shots can be expected from the air cylinder, but almost double that from the CO2 cylinder. CO2 seems noisier. The pistols are very adaptable, available with single shot, dry firing and of course the 5 shot magazine. Different size grips are readily available to buy .. about £75..or swap, and I think they are more or less the same for the LP5, 50, and 10, and can swivel around to suit you. If you fancy a different look (I know what you are like), you could get a 1911 grip, and a heavier trigger for that powder burner feel . One thing I noticed , some come with a cylinder adaptor that does not fit the regular supply air tank.. Best Fittings can sort that... I went for a test firing with my regular 300 bar tank, the supplied adaptor did not work. I think it was for 230 bar tanks. The pistol cylinders are date stamped, and of course, if they came with the pistol.. a good guide to age, but you can't count on that. Quite a few videos on youtube by STEYR themselves showing how to adjust and service their pistols.. no need to trek to a dealer. Also advice on power, no need , it appears, to go full power, apparently the best pellet speed is what to aim for, not the fastest. Two different barrel lengths are available on the LP50, I don't know about the LP5. They seem to come with test targets shot with 4.49 PISTOL pellets, so you can throw away your 4.52 RIFLE pellets. I never knew there was a difference. I researched the Rohms, and the Morinis.. I liked the electric Morini, but as there is a lefty in the family, swapping grips was a bit of a no no. There is an electric multi shot Steyr too, but it is no longer a stock item, rumoured to have been due to double firing, or no demand for it. The LP50 is a very satisfying pistol to shoot, versatile, not shot the LP5. Some say the LP10 has a better trigger, but hey, when they are this good anyway , I am not going to notice the difference. Enjoy the search, Best Regards
    Pick up your gun, shove a bullet up the spout
    It's the Major Dennis Bloodnok Rock'n' Roll Call Tango

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Over £850 second hand based on what mine cost me, LP50.

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

If your after a multi shot target pistol then the Steyr would be my choice, even though generally I'm not a steyr fan!

The LP5 will in reality give you 80 plus shots per 200 bar charge, is ultra reliable in all respects & easy to maintain.

Over the years I have serviced & repaired a few. One Problem encountered is failing to cycle, usually due to the cylinders being filled using a pump as opposed to a divers cylinder. The air isn't as dry causing the piston to seize. As with anything the regulator can fail but in my experience most failures have been due to the owners.

The trigger is good & will probably suite most, the only time it may be found lacking is in single shot form competing at 10mtrs & then only by shooters capable of competing at the top end of the classes.

Hope this helps
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!

I have a Steyr LP5, it gives a good 80 shots per fill. Very pleased with it have also shot the LP50 the trigger is different but the results are the same. You won't go wrong with either

I've had a LP50 for 8 years and it has never missed a beat. I get approx 80 shots from a fill.
    http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL962.../124637325.jpg
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

My LP50 compact is set just below 6 foot pounds and gives 65 to 70 shots. Insanely accurate and reliable, puts a big smile on my face

Quote Originally Posted by CORKY. View Post
    Hi Anwar, I have had a look on Google,,, owners are claiming that 100 shots can be expected from the air cylinder, but almost double that from the CO2 cylinder. CO2 seems noisier. The pistols are very adaptable, available with single shot, dry firing and of course the 5 shot magazine. Different size grips are readily available to buy .. about £75..or swap, and I think they are more or less the same for the LP5, 50, and 10, and can swivel around to suit you. If you fancy a different look (I know what you are like), you could get a 1911 grip, and a heavier trigger for that powder burner feel . One thing I noticed , some come with a cylinder adaptor that does not fit the regular supply air tank.. Best Fittings can sort that... I went for a test firing with my regular 300 bar tank, the supplied adaptor did not work. I think it was for 230 bar tanks. The pistol cylinders are date stamped, and of course, if they came with the pistol.. a good guide to age, but you can't count on that. Quite a few videos on youtube by STEYR themselves showing how to adjust and service their pistols.. no need to trek to a dealer. Also advice on power, no need , it appears, to go full power, apparently the best pellet speed is what to aim for, not the fastest. Two different barrel lengths are available on the LP50, I don't know about the LP5. They seem to come with test targets shot with 4.49 PISTOL pellets, so you can throw away your 4.52 RIFLE pellets. I never knew there was a difference. I researched the Rohms, and the Morinis.. I liked the electric Morini, but as there is a lefty in the family, swapping grips was a bit of a no no. There is an electric multi shot Steyr too, but it is no longer a stock item, rumoured to have been due to double firing, or no demand for it. The LP50 is a very satisfying pistol to shoot, versatile, not shot the LP5. Some say the LP10 has a better trigger, but hey, when they are this good anyway , I am not going to notice the difference. Enjoy the search, Best Regards
    Hi Martin
    Thanks for the detail reply lots of things to consider, unfortunately I don't have the budget for lp50 hence looking for the lp5. I'm buying a hw45 black star to keep me busy for now, i will just have to keep looking.
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by wonky donky View Post
    If your after a multi shot target pistol then the Steyr would be my choice, even though generally I'm not a steyr fan!

The LP5 will in reality give you 80 plus shots per 200 bar charge, is ultra reliable in all respects & easy to maintain.

Over the years I have serviced & repaired a few. One Problem encountered is failing to cycle, usually due to the cylinders being filled using a pump as opposed to a divers cylinder. The air isn't as dry causing the piston to seize. As with anything the regulator can fail but in my experience most failures have been due to the owners.

The trigger is good & will probably suite most, the only time it may be found lacking is in single shot form competing at 10mtrs & then only by shooters capable of competing at the top end of the classes.

Hope this helps
    Thanks for the info mate. 80 shots that's fantastic more than enough per fill. I heard lots of goods things about your work mate.

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Quote Originally Posted by ags2k View Post
    Hi Martin
    Thanks for the detail reply lots of things to consider, unfortunately I don't have the budget for lp50 hence looking for the lp5. I'm buying a hw45 black star to keep me busy for now, i will just have to keep looking.
    Regards
    Sadly, for you, the LP5 is not much cheaper than the LP50, if at all.

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by laughing-devil View Post
    I have a Steyr LP5, it gives a good 80 shots per fill. Very pleased with it have also shot the LP50 the trigger is different but the results are the same. You won't go wrong with either
    Did you buy yours new? And how much do they go for used mate?
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    I've had a LP50 for 8 years and it has never missed a beat. I get approx 80 shots from a fill.
    Very nice mate.

Quote Originally Posted by micken View Post
    My LP50 compact is set just below 6 foot pounds and gives 65 to 70 shots. Insanely accurate and reliable, puts a big smile on my face
    If I ever find a lp5 I would also have it tuned to 6 flb.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post

That's a beauty!