Thread: B.s.a. Merlin.

B.s.a. Merlin.

Further on sorting out my late friends air gun collection i came across a BSA MERLIN in .22 cal.Never seen one before with its pop up breech
    loader its in very good condition and works well. Also out came two B.S.A. boxes, one a RB2 STUTZEN in .22 cal the other a RB2 AIRSPORTER
    in the rare .25 cal both as new with all their oil,pellet sample and foresight hoods complete in their bsa boxes.loads more to sort out yet.
    All will have to be sold when sorted.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Further on sorting out my late friends air gun collection i came across a BSA MERLIN in .22 cal.Never seen one before with its pop up breech
    loader its in very good condition and works well. Also out came two B.S.A. boxes, one a RB2 STUTZEN in .22 cal the other a RB2 AIRSPORTER
    in the rare .25 cal both as new with all their oil,pellet sample and foresight hoods complete in their bsa boxes.loads more to sort out yet.
    Hi they did a Mk1 and Mk2 of these, the early ones had a plastic pop up breech.and was later changed to alloy. nice little rifles.

Very attractive little rifles, if a little delicate -- they need to be handled with care as it is easy to split the stock.

The .22 Mk1 serial numbers begin with the letter "L" and the Mk2 with the letters "LA"

merlin

Cant seem to find a serial no apart from the side of the breech which appears to be 5J3. its the later one with alloy loader.

Cant seem to find a serial no apart from the side of the breech which appears to be 5J3. its the later one with alloy loader.
    As you say, the alloy pop-up loader makes it a Mk2 -- manufactured from December 1964 to December 1968.

The serial numbers on mine are on the left hand side just below the fixed rear sight and above the stock screw.

merlin

This one is for sale, very good condition. mk2. .22. £125. collection only.