Thread: Orings

Orings

Anyone know a place that sells orings in small quantities?

Quote Originally Posted by hydroclamp View Post
    https://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/Pr...515/index.html
    Purbeck Field Target Club.

What made you decide not to buy the complete HW 100 O ring kit including grease off the evil bay for £9.99 ? Will probably cost you as much to buy two O rings.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Hundreds of sellers on the bay-that-cannot-be-named and most do small quantities for not much more than the cost of postage.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    What made you decide not to buy the complete HW 100 O ring kit including grease off the evil bay for £9.99 ? Will probably cost you as much to buy two O rings.

Baz
    because i am a tight xxnt and thought a tenner was to dear for a set of orings that are 2p each but i might have to get my wallet out lol

O rings are rarely 2p each but yes they don't cost that much compared to what they are sold for, however buying such items one needs to make the vendor's time worthwhile.

Unless you have a local source you can just visit and buy from, (lucky me ) you will have to pay extra for the privilege. And in reality, be thankful - just think of the guy selling 9.99 o-ring kits, if he sells 10 a week he's hardly going to be able to ditch the day job.

For odd sizes I have used Bohemiaseal.cz also on the bay.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

secretagentmole Guest
    Hayleys are good, get my buddy bottle o rings from them!

I find it is a sort of 'catch 22' situation. If you want a specific O ring or two then it can be worthwhile visiting an on-line shop and buying maybe 25 or so of each which, including postage wlil cost less than just buying a single O ring or two from an airgun spares shop. What to do with the excess? Well you could sell them on here at cost plus postage. That way you get your money back (or some of it) plus give another person the chance to buy O rings much cheaper than from a dealer. When it comes to a complete set of rings for a particular rifle you have to know the sizes involved and manufacturers can be very fussy about letting people know what they use. A Google search can help or asking on here. But then there can be odd sizes that can be difficult to find, or 90 shore specification when all you can find is 70. So ... although it grieves me to say so, if the kit contains a lot of rings and it is not possible to find out which sizes / specs are used, it is best to buy the kit. What I personally then hope is that people wil measure the contents of the kit and post the sizes on here ......
    As an aside, many people say buy one of those multipack boxes for about £10 or so expecting them to answer all your needs. In my experience this is rarely true.
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    As an aside, many people say buy one of those multipack boxes for about £10 or so expecting them to answer all your needs. In my experience this is rarely true.
    Cheers, Phil
    In my experience out of the whole box you occasionally find use for a single o-ring over a number of years... making it a very F****^&*** expensive single o-ring!!

Truth is O-rings come in so many different size combos that a multipack box would have to contain thousands of different sizes to be useful. For each ID there are a multitude of different cord diameters in fractions of mm and yes, many o-rings fitted are in those pesky fractions, so unless you have o-rings in cord diameter steps of 0.2mm for every ID, you don't have anything to cover all bases.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

o rings

Whilst all the above is true if you know the size you need try these if you have a local store: https://www.cromwell.co.uk/shop/adhe...o%20ring%20kit They may have to order in but only took 24 hours.

Cost me 22p for some a few weeks ago.
    I have a wind problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjoh View Post
    Whilst all the above is true if you know the size you need try these if you have a local store: https://www.cromwell.co.uk/shop/adhe...o%20ring%20kit They may have to order in but only took 24 hours.

Cost me 22p for some a few weeks ago.
    I think you are very lucky. I did have a local store that had to order packs of rings in at very good prices but they suddenly put on a minimum charge per order ... about £10 if I recall correctly. This made it unrealistic to use them so I started with 'that site' whenever I needed specific sizes.
    Cheers, Phil

What size do you need mate?....i've got thousands of good quality o rings (viton/nitrile/shore 70-90) of all different sizes. You never know i might have some.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us