Thread: Rapid....

Rapid....

Well what have i done???... i have just bought my 1st Rapid 7...blind...i had a call from someone to say he had to get rid and did i want it ( he had just got it back from his local constabulary!!)..well i have never had one to play with and he was desperate....not a lot of money was offered as there was no charger or mags.....
    I think this is going to be a bit of a project....i have now inspected it and i think the only good thing is it works!!!
    Its got a vortex fitted which has camo tape fitted and is hidding a little rust, which matches the barrel and trigger (recomendations for a reblue please?) The profile stock is very wobbly but i think the crack through the pistol grip might be the cause of that!..i think i might glue that before i do the chrono thing....
    Would this be better restored or split for parts??

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by AC all day View Post
    Well what have i done???... i have just bought my 1st Rapid 7...blind...i had a call from someone to say he had to get rid and did i want it ( he had just got it back from his local constabulary!!)..well i have never had one to play with and he was desperate....not a lot of money was offered as there was no charger or mags.....
    I think this is going to be a bit of a project....i have now inspected it and i think the only good thing is it works!!!
    Its got a vortex fitted which has camo tape fitted and is hidding a little rust, which matches the barrel and trigger (recomendations for a reblue please?) The profile stock is very wobbly but i think the crack through the pistol grip might be the cause of that!..i think i might glue that before i do the chrono thing....
    As its the profile stock I personally would restore it, simply cos that's the one I always wanted.

Or sell it to someone who wants to restore a profile one.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

russian sniper is offline 1982 Sausage roll and cider gargling regional finalist

Cool

Keep it and sort it out

Join the "rapid 7 owners club" forum

Daz

Well one thing for sure, it must be legal power if it was handed back! Rapids are sought after in any condition, definitely worth a restore. A barrel reblue wouldn't be too much, the block is anodised, and the internals can be bought from Kevg.

secretagentmole Guest
    They are great guns, Dr Bob does magazines as does Michael Tawn (Tawnado Airguns). So that problem is solved. The buddy bottle adaptor is the same as a Super 10 and R10, there goes another problem!

Rapid

sounds like a good buy mate, got two of em.not far from me if you would like me to have a look at it.
    MK1 7/12 14" CZ barrel. , Dustin mod.Kevg reg. Bb valve , titanium tube, bushy legend. MK2 177,Kevg reg.silent pip,MK4 trigger,Bucketboy shroud.ssg spring, Nikon monarch

How come he just got it back from plod? What did they want it for?

Sounds to me like he was desperate to offload it due to some iffy circumstances.

I wouldn't have touched it.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Quote Originally Posted by AC all day View Post
    The best re bluer in the country
    Colin bluing day is a thursday

Colin Malloy
    The Smithy
    2 Crown St
    Failsworth
    Manchester
    M35 9DB

Quote Originally Posted by flyfisher View Post
    sounds like a good buy mate, got two of em.not far from me if you would like me to have a look at it.
    I would take Jim up on his offer if I were you!