Thread: Eyesight

Talking Eyesight

Hi My name is Neil, or as my member name suggests Caustic 1961. I was given this nickname by a friend who thought my sense of humour somewhat caustic, or sarcastic. I have lost the sight of my right eye which was my predominant shooting eye through a accident which had a knock on effect to my left eye.
    Through surgery I hope I am returning to semi-normality. I just thought this looks like an interesting forum where I may ask questions and participate in conversations and pick up handy tips that may enable me to again enjoy the sport that I love.
    Many Thanks
    Neil

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Welcome Neil, I really hope the surgery gives you much improvement and allows you to get back to this wonderful sport.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Nice to see the Seaweed Sloth has arrived , great site Neil I think you will find the help you need.

p.s. remember Ewok is watching
    VEGETARIANS IVE SH**TUM
    MARK

Hi Neil...

Hi Neil, welcome to the forum.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

Morning Neil.
    Hope all goes well with the surgery for you.
    Best regards
    Dave

Welcome, Neil.

And I hope the surgery is a huge success.

Great to have you on board.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Eyesight

Good morning ,Neil.
    Welcome to the Forum, and I hope every thing goes well for you.
    A suggestion; shotgun stocks are sometimes made with a cast i.e. offset, so the shooter can use typically the left eye when shooting from the right shoulder.
    Stocks can even be bent by a competent gunsmith.
    Hope this helps,, best wishes, Mick.

Neil,

I too lost the vision in my right shooting eye in November 2015 (macula off retinal detachment) due to an accident. Following surgery my vision is virtually back to where it once was and just have a slight magnification differential between both eyes.

Looking through a scope however is no issue and can see pellet trajectory at longer ranges. Hopefully this will give you some confidence for the future, but will take a year or more to see the end result.

Fingers crossed and good luck to you

Chris
    Falcon Raptor (FN12) Lighthunter - Walnut FX Cutlas - EB XVI - HW35 'Karbine' - BSA Airsporter MK4 - Webley Mk III - Relum Tornado - FWB Sport 127 Deluxe - Crosman 1322 custom - Sussex Armoury Jackal - BSA Superstar - Logun Eagle (All .22) and HW80 in .25

Hi Neil
    Welcome to the forum and I'll echo the hope that your treatment is successful. As a visually disabled person myself, I appreciate how frustrating loving something that you find difficult due to health problems can be. Enjoy the forum, there are very knowledgeable people here.
    Steve
    .22 HW 110 ST
    .22 HW97 KT Blackline STL
    Walther CP88 Competition Nickel