Thread: Combro cb-625 MK4 Help.....

Combro cb-625 MK4 Help.....

My Combro started acting up ( Bad / Err etc etc) , so mucked & messed about with it changing the batteries and in doing so have probably solved the original problem created another.
    My question relates to the set up and the data shown when pressing the RST button for 14 secs to see the 5 options, mine currently show
    1/...14.7GNS ( CORRECT)
    2/...Gb (CORRECT)
    3/...12.00 PDS ( CORRECT )
    4/...Picture of a cloud over the top of the 1 in the 100 shown on the display ???? not got a clue what this is about
    5/ ..Snd ???

Has anyone got a Combro set up for sub 12ftlb in imperial, how can press the reset button and give me back what theirs are showing, obviously the pellet weight will be different but
    I would like to know what options 2 3 4 & 5 show.

Or is there anyone who can tell me where I have screwed up.
    Thanks
    Its not the big that eat the small, but the quick that eat the slow.....

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    If you don't get the answer here (although you probably will) drop robinghewitt on here a PM as he will definitely know being the manufacturer of the Combro - a more helpful chap you will not find.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Crombo

Totally agree with above - could be you need to input the code that came with it after changing the batteries.

Good luck.

M.
    Why be awkward, when with a little bit of effort you can be really impossible!

in Put code ????
    Its not the big that eat the small, but the quick that eat the slow.....

With every new Crombo is a calibration number.

Go to the Crombo website and click on "Help me calibrate it" tab - further info is on that page even if you no longer have that number.

I believe you can download the manual too.

Good luck m8.

M.
    Why be awkward, when with a little bit of effort you can be really impossible!

In the instructions the 100 with a cloud is the calibration it's says in the instructions as follows calibration use the fps and pds key to select a number from 0 to 199 select zero and your cb625 will read 1% fast set to 199 and it will read 1% slow set to 100 for no correction. What ever all that means mines set for 100 and I've never adjusted it.

Snd says as follows computer link test. sends one report to the computer via the interface cable....

You could restart a cb625 by shorting the to left most pins on the plug but don't linger or the battery will overheat the cb625 will reset to factory defaults
    Hope this helps
    Last edited by Sv rider; 30-06-2017 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Fat fingers

This may help :-

http://www.combro.co.uk/cb625/manual.html

All the best Mick

Got to admit, I had an issue with my combro and after a call to Robin at Combro, he was good enough to help me out with info and the offer to look at it free of charge if I can not get it sorted myself. Can't say fairer than that. Great customer service as others have also mentioned.

4: 100 This is neat feature. It's a bit geeky but if you can understand it you will like it. We promise you 1% on the velocity and test them to better than half a percent to make sure they can do it. The test got stricter until we got a significant failure rate, I like a challenge. They have to measure 3 consecutive shots at 500+ ft/s and get them with in 2 ft/s of the test gun. Also the spread must be no more than 1 ft/s. So it may pass the test with all 3 shots in the range +0.5 to +1.5 ft/s, +0.4 to 1.5 is a fail. +1.8 to +2.0 is a fail. You could compensate for this by setting it 1 ft/s slow so those 3 shots would now be in the range -0.5 to +0.5 ft/s. That what 4: 100 is. Set to 100 in no change. 000 will make it read 1% fast, 199 will make it read 1% slow. If you are more than 1% out then it is not a calibration issue. Setting the calibration theoretically puts you within 0.5 ft/s at 500 ft/s which is probably impossible. To get that the cb-625 has to locate the pellet within .005" total error. That is where the bore alignment tool helps. the closer you replicate the test gun the closer you will be.

5: Snd is just so you can test the serial interface without actually doing any shooting. Really handy if your wife is sitting by the computer.

But you have all sorts of problems. First check you have all the little metal covers in place over the optics. Without them you have an indoors-oscope. The sun will really annoy it. Next check the battery volts. You may have bought wonderful new batteries from some auction site or Poundland but did they have a use by date? Loosen the screw by the battery stack a tadge so there is no chance of it being pinched. Last thing is did you put in new batteries because the old set had leaked? If so I need to get it back here and in my ultrasonic wash tank PDQ.