Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: hunting 5 lp50

hunting 5 lp50

Good news for UK lp50 owners:
    BREAKING NEWS!!!!
    Today Monday 26th June 2017 we have officially been informed that the Steyr LP50 is indeed self indexing and not self loading as defined by section 57(2A) of the Firearms Act 1968. Therefore does not fall within any category of Section 5 or Section 1.
    As the Steyr Hunting 5 Auto is the same mechanism and sub 12 foot pounds muzzle energy this also does not fall in the Section 5 category of self loading.
    As a consequence we have ordered some Hunting 5 Autos . Will be on the website shortly for pre-order with deposit
    .177 STEYR HUNTING SCOUT SA FULL CARBON SHROUD BUSHNELL ELITE 4200

That's really good news indeed!
    Does that also now mean that the FAC versions could be allowed on ticket

steyr semi-auto

great news, hope that's an end to it to all the controversy over semi auto`s legality!

Quote Originally Posted by badgerginger View Post
    great news, hope that's an end to it to all the controversy over semi auto`s legality!
    Maybe just in that brands case though

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Maybe just in that brands case though
    What he said! There's no such thing (in law) as semi-auto, the Steyr system has just been claimed to be self indexing rather than self loading. And we only have one persons word on that so far, lets not get over excited.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by badgerginger View Post
    From the OP, it's been deemed as not semi-auto/self-loading.

The status of true semi-autos remains unchanged.

Hope that helps.
    If you don't know enough to judge - don't judge

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    What he said! There's no such thing (in law) as semi-auto, the Steyr system has just been claimed to be self indexing rather than self loading. We have one persons word on that so far, lets not get over excited.
    What Tinners said.

http://www.steyr-uk.co.uk

Info is on uk site?

Common sense comes good, well done those officials who chose to see through the paranoia from over self regulated manufactures and their spokes people.

I guess that'll be in the upcoming HO Guide to Firearm Licensing, then.

Until it's in a GOV.UK statement, it's one little voice on an internet site.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    Common sense comes good, well done those officials who chose to see through the paranoia from over self regulated manufactures and their spokes people.
    What a load of cobblers, Tone. Utter and complete drivel.

If this is, indeed the case, that the LP50 system has been deemed legal, it's come after a hefty investigation into the status of that model. Making sure an airgun is legal before selling it to people is not 'paranoia' or 'over self-regulation', it's called taking responsibility and forms part of the trade's duty of care. If the trade had just gone ahead and sold these guns and the determination had gone differently, there would have been all sorts of condemnation.

Quote Originally Posted by snock View Post
    I guess that'll be in the upcoming HO Guide to Firearm Licensing, then.

Until it's in a GOV.UK statement, it's one little voice on an internet site.
    As Harry is the official UK importer, and it was N Yorks that caused all the trouble, I wouldn't necessarily call it one little voice on an internet site....

Adrian
    My wife DOES know how much my rifle cost - she bought it for me! Blaser R8 Success Mono LH with .22lr. .204 Ruger, 6.5 x 55 and .308

Quote Originally Posted by adiepie View Post
    As Harry is the official UK importer, and it was N Yorks that caused all the trouble, I wouldn't necessarily call it one little voice on an internet site....

Adrian
    I seem to recall Harry's name being mentioned quite a bit in all the preamble.

Until it has been ratified by a body more credible than Harry, I'll consider it little more than Internet chatter.
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

As Steyr UK and Harry P have borne the brunt of this for many months I highly doubt they would post anything other than the truth.
    The expert forensic chaps were asked by the Police for their opinion and they will have given it.

In my view the right opinion and good luck to Steyr UK.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    As Steyr UK and Harry P have borne the brunt of this for many months I highly doubt they would post anything other than the truth
    Seller of questionable item now says item is no longer questionable. Who benefits?

Conflict of interest?

I see no robust information stream.

Time will tell.